So I got to take a test drive.... :)

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Looking at you jiggling about there on well maintained roads sports suspension is definitely not for my local UK cart tracks!

OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looking at you jiggling about there on well maintained roads sports suspension is definitely not for my local UK cart tracks!
The roads near the dealership weren't well maintained -- but the ones near my house are far, far better and given that's where I'll use it most I don't mind the suspension if it's a little more fun on the track :)

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Wonderful video. Whew, I just cannot wait to get mine. Sports suspension for sure.

Ok, we will need someone to do a bass test!

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Isn't this car shadow grey though?
My bad. I first saw it as "black" so assumed it to be the Green Verdant but yes, upon "reflection" (pun intended) it's likely the Shadow Grey. I'm really curious to see the Green Verdant since I find no photos/videos truly substitute for seeing something in person.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Wonderful video. Whew, I just cannot wait to get mine. Sports suspension for sure.

Ok, we will need someone to do a bass test!

Yeah, I was happy to hear sports chassis wasn't too jarring. Some make it seem like sports chassis would feel like driving on blown shocks and bump stops 24/7. I'm sure it'll be fine for my tastes!

Thanks for the great video and review @Shyatic - I can't wait for a demo to make it up here to my Jersey or Philly dealer! I noticed you had your phone plugged in. Doesn't the Emira support wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto? How did the clutch and brake pedals feel?

When you initially started and took off, I assume this was in tour mode. Did the exhaust note improve inside the cabin when switching to sport?

OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, I was happy to hear sports chassis wasn't too jarring. Some make it seem like sports chassis would feel like driving on blown shocks and bump stops 24/7. I'm sure it'll be fine for my tastes!

Thanks for the great video and review @Shyatic - I noticed you had your phone plugged in. Doesn't the Emira support wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto? How did the clutch and brake pedals feel?

When you initially started and took off, I assume this was in tour mode. Did the exhaust note improve inside the cabin when switching to sport?
I think most of the reviews that have come in are from the UK and as such, are a little biased to the pothole situation over there. Dallas isn't the smoothest of roads, but I didn't find the sports suspension bad at all. Based on some reviews, I think the interior cabin noise does pick up a bit on the sports, but it's a sacrifice I'm okay with.

It does support wireless carplay, but in order to set up wireless carplay -- you have to plug it in first! I brought a cable with me with the express intention of turning on the stereo (something I did off camera) and having a listen to it.

When I started the car, it was in touring mode. I'm not sure if it defaults to this or not, but the throttle response is exceptionally better in sports mode than touring; I don't think I'd ever run it in touring, because if you want -- just feather the gas and it's basically the same thing. From the inside I think the exhaust stepped up a notch, though it's pretty muted as the car isn't super, super loud inside. Probably better to hear that on the outside, but I would have had a bit of trouble running next to the car doing it ;)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I think most of the reviews that have come in are from the UK and as such, are a little biased to the pothole situation over there. Dallas isn't the smoothest of roads, but I didn't find the sports suspension bad at all. Based on some reviews, I think the interior cabin noise does pick up a bit on the sports, but it's a sacrifice I'm okay with.

It does support wireless carplay, but in order to set up wireless carplay -- you have to plug it in first! I brought a cable with me with the express intention of turning on the stereo (something I did off camera) and having a listen to it.

When I started the car, it was in touring mode. I'm not sure if it defaults to this or not, but the throttle response is exceptionally better in sports mode than touring; I don't think I'd ever run it in touring, because if you want -- just feather the gas and it's basically the same thing. From the inside I think the exhaust stepped up a notch, though it's pretty muted as the car isn't super, super loud inside. Probably better to hear that on the outside, but I would have had a bit of trouble running next to the car doing it ;)

Ok good to know. I appreciated the tunes BTW. Offspring's Kid's Aren't Alright is one of my favorite songs to play on guitar. :cool:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
From the inside I think the exhaust stepped up a notch, though it's pretty muted as the car isn't super, super loud inside. Probably better to hear that on the outside, but I would have had a bit of trouble running next to the car doing it ;)

I found the Evora GTs to be the same. They are a bit muted from the inside, but sound fantastic from the outside! I'm also used to aftermarket exhausts, but the Evoras and even the roadshow Emira sounded great stock IMO. We can always swap in a 3rd cat delete to open it up a bit too.

OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok good to know. I appreciated the tunes BTW. Offspring's Kid's Aren't Alright is one of my favorite songs to play on guitar. :cool:
I'm a 90s/2000s alt rock kinda guy, so that's my general playlist :)

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just returned home to Canada from Dallas yesterday. Funny, I kept having this niggling thought that I should stop by Lotus Dallas, hoping they would have an Emira so I could finally see it in person. Now I really wish I did!! Oh well, apparently Oakville is getting one this month. Thanks for posting.
Awesome to hear, are they booking test drive time slots? Did you get an F/E from Oakville?

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Testdrive last Saturday from a German Lotus owner (Lotus Esprit S4 / Emira I4 ordered)...........(Google-translate / German Lotus Forum)

Saturday, 4:11 p.m
Now that I was on the road with the Emira myself for the first time, I would like to describe my impressions to those of you who are interested:
Engine:
The engine is already known from the Evora. The performance should be on a similar level. The engine sounds very good, although not quite as brute and loud as with the Evora 400/410.
The car is good on gas. In the lower speed range, however, there is not quite as much power as, for example, in the Cayman with a turbo engine. But for me it was enough to have fun. The car arouses significantly more emotions when driving than, for example, the Cayman.
Transmission:
Shifts in the same way as the Evora 410. Presumably the identical gearbox is installed here. Shifts crisply and well, although not quite as precisely as, for example, with Porsche/BMW.
Overall okay!
Landing gear:
Beyond any doubt, but much harder than expected. However, the sports suspension was also installed. Personally, I'll take the touring variant since I don't go to the track.
Finishing inside:
Almost all materials are of high quality and well processed in detail. Only the function buttons on the steering wheel look a bit cheap. Overall absolutely TOP. Can definitely not see any difference to Porsche here.
Finishing outside:
In my opinion, it's not quite as good as Porsche or Audi. However, completely fine and much better than anything that has been produced by Lotus before. It's okay for me!
Optics:
The car looks much better in person than in photos. I know it's a matter of personal taste, but for me the Emira is one of the most beautiful cars on the market today.

I congratulate everyone who has ordered an Emira. You can be happy. The car is beautiful, a lot of fun to drive. In addition, probably one of the last sports cars available with manual transmission. I'm still sticking with the AMG variant with DSG. But would also be happy with the V6.

Callabrator

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What the crap? This is in Dallas? I left a message with them twice to call me when their demo showed up. Maybe you have to have to have put down a deposit to get the call?

Any idea how long they'll have the car?

OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What the crap? This is in Dallas? I left a message with them twice to call me when their demo showed up. Maybe you have to have to have put down a deposit to get the call?

Yes, the test drives were only for deposit holders.

Callabrator

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I'm going to answer my own questions. :D

I just called them, and was told all test drive slots were already booked up. :/ I'm going to pop down there tomorrow to ogle it anyway.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Curious did you have to pee or are the foot pedals that close together? If they are that tight was it uncomfortable to have your legs that tight?(y)

OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Curious did you have to pee or are the foot pedals that close together? If they are that tight was it uncomfortable to have your legs that tight?(y)
They are tight inside the tunnel, but doesn’t feel uncomfortable once I settled in. I am for sure used to more space but then again, I don’t have a lot of room for comparison as I’ve not had a manual in 10 years.

Didn’t have to pee :)