Signing in from Tassie

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
First message on the Australia / New Zealand forums!

John here from Hobart. I placed my order for a V6 manual First Edition in early October last year with Anthony at Lotus Melbourne. He reckons a delivery around Sept-Oct this year, all being well. I recently removed the extended black pack, and am hoping that doesn't push me back down the list.

How many other Aussies do we have on here? Any Tasmanians or Victorians? No doubt we'll be bumping into each other with the various Lotus events (including Targa Tasmania).

canvas.png

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score

John here from Hobart. I placed my order for a V6 manual First Edition in early October last year with Anthony at Lotus Melbourne. He reckons a delivery around Sept-Oct this year, all being well. I recently removed the extended black pack, and am hoping that doesn't push me back down the list.

How many other Aussies do we have on here? Any Tasmanians or Victorians? No doubt we'll be bumping into each other with the various Lotus events (including Targa Tasmania).

View attachment 2939
Welcome to the forum mate it’s a good laugh and informative at times. There’s a few of us from Aus. Personally I’m from Sydney and anytime you’re up this way more than happy to catch up.

I’m Lucky enough to have and owned 3 Lotus plus other exotics. Funny enough I had an update only this morning there’s only 108 cars V6 only coming to Australia in 2022. All first editions in manual or auto as ordered.

Of the 110 cars in total for all Australian dealers (6 dealers only, 1 in each state),
10 cars are demos/dealer cars which are set to arrive in June 2022. And the first batch of early deposits arrive in July/Aug and the second batch which seems you’re in arrive Oct/Nov as detailed.

Welcome once more and enjoy the crew.

AK

OP
J

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Of the 110 cars in total for all Australian dealers (6 dealers only, 1 in each state),
10 cars are demos/dealer cars which are set to arrive in June 2022. And the first batch of early deposits arrive in July/Aug and the second batch which seems you’re in arrive Oct/Nov as detailed.

Great to know those figures. So Australians have bought 100 cars? A nice round number. Anthony mentioned there was another purchase down here in Tassie, but I don't know where. I guess one thing the exorbitant pricing achieves is exclusivity!

What have you specced?

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great to know those figures. So Australians have bought 100 cars? A nice round number. Anthony mentioned there was another purchase down here in Tassie, but I don't know where. I guess one thing the exorbitant pricing achieves is exclusivity!

What have you specced?
Mate I love your spec… It’s like my Evora 400…

I’ve gone really out there with the new Emira, yellow, black forged wheels and red interior. Not for the faint hearted but I’ve always not really cared what others may think 🤣.

Yeah they have sold 98 to customers and 2 have been sold as private dealer cars. 10 are showroom demos.

Its pretty cool I think as its kind of makes the FE V6 more special in Australia. As I’m sure they’ll sell many more once all marketing and reviews in Australia come out.

Last edited:

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Verdant Green black pack black wheels and yellow calipers, glacial grey leather.

Won't be too dark in Perth!:cool:
That’s awesome mate, congrats 🎉 . Beautiful spec and I love the fact how it almost looks black but shines green when in light/sun. Very classy 🥰👌🏼

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The icing on the cake is I have 2 vanity plates 3MIRA which I now will put on my Scalextric Lotus in about 5 years time and I bought EMIRA off a fellow early adopter who dropped out. We are meeting this Thursday to transfer the plate to my SAAB convertible which will be a bit surreal :rolleyes:

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The icing on the cake is I have 2 vanity plates 3MIRA which I now will put on my Scalextric Lotus in about 5 years time and I bought EMIRA off a fellow early adopter who dropped out. We are meeting this Thursday to transfer the plate to my SAAB convertible which will be a bit surreal :rolleyes:
Mate, when you get "EMIRA" plate on your SAAB, people will think your name is Emira.😉😜

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 2939
Whenever anyone brings up the word Tasmania it brings back childhood memories of the cartoon with the Tasmanian devil.
I know, I need help.🤣
Screenshot_20220208-014426_Samsung Internet.jpg

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 2939
Hi John and everyone else. Steve in Adelaide, here. I ordered my Emira beginning of November and have also been told around September delivery. I currently have a classic Ferrari (355) which I’ll probably move on before the Emira arrives.
I deleted the privacy glass in my final spec as I‘d read online that it also blacks out the engine. Can anyone confirm that? Shouldn’t delay delivery though.
I can’t wait to start seeing some reviews / test drives etc.
Cheers.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi John and everyone else. Steve in Adelaide, here. I ordered my Emira beginning of November and have also been told around September delivery. I currently have a classic Ferrari (355) which I’ll probably move on before the Emira arrives.
I deleted the privacy glass in my final spec as I‘d read online that it also blacks out the engine. Can anyone confirm that? Shouldn’t delay delivery though.
I can’t wait to start seeing some reviews / test drives etc.
Cheers.
Welcome and congratulations on your order.

The privacy glass includes the quarter windows behind the doors and the engine cover. It's only a 20% tint, so having it won't totally obscure the engine.

Pictures from the configurator are reasonably accurate. Examples here:

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your order.

The privacy glass includes the quarter windows behind the doors and the engine cover. It's only a 20% tint, so having it won't totally obscure the engine.

Pictures from the configurator are reasonably accurate. Examples here:
Thanks, Tom.
It was a tough call. I was happy to have the privacy glass when I first put the order in but then read online that it would obscure the engine.
When I spoke to the dealer they basically said that if I delete it and then when the car arrives I wish I hadn't I could always get it done aftermarket.

OP
J

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 3127
Deposit paid in July - Locked and loaded spec as above. V6 Auto. From the guys at SSC Melbourne. I intend to do a Tassie spin when delivered. Will catch up for a coffee. Hopefully Aug delivery.

Same spec as mine, except I've gone Magma Red, @kbhoz. We definitely need to catch up in Hobart -- imagine a yellow and red parked side-by-side... *swoon*