Weepel

weepel

Reaction score
Hello! Super excited to join the forums and the Lotus family with the purchase (well deposit as of July 19) on a new Lotus Emira. Here is the spec I chose:

emira3.png

I'm still not 100% certain on my color or interior, I'm really hoping I'll get the opportunity to see an actual photo (or better yet in-person) the various colors - hopefully the RoadShow details will drop soon. I'm torn between Shadow Grey, Nimbus Grey, and Seneca Blue. No matter which choice, I'm going with a black pack and black wheels.

I placed my deposit via my local dealer (Motorcars of Atlanta) on 19 July.

As for a bit about me, I work in technology, based out of Atlanta, GA. While originally from greater Atlanta, I've worked and traveled all over, including a two year stint down under in Melbourne, Australia. Beyond cars, I enjoy mountain biking, the outdoors, and computing.

I'm a bit of a track rat, I participate in and have started instructing as part of HPDE events here in the Atlanta area (Jzilla track days). My current stable consists of the following:

2013 Subaru BRZ (Supercharged) - primarily my track and performance driving vehicle

hypergram1.jpg

2004 Subaru WRX STI (Stage II) - primarily my "around town" car, have tracked a few times, but it's more fun around town and in the mountains:
sti_clean1.jpg

1995 Mazda Miata - technically the wife's ride, but I drive this around the neighborhood and occasionally at AutoX
mx5_teal1.jpg

2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road - the wife's daily and the utilitarian vehicle
tacoma_tires.jpg

As of today, no plans to get rid of any of the other vehicles when the Emira arrives, which I guess means I'm a car hoarder? The Emira will be my first Lotus, although I'm not a complete stranger to the family - my best friend here in Atlanta has a blue 2005 Elise which I've had the pleasure of driving and I've seen my fair share of Elises, Exiges, and Evoras on track.

Last edited:
An interesting car collection there. WRX STI is the only car I've driven on an off road stage and was an absolute hoot. I think if I had one for driving around town I'd be forever dreaming of gravel tracks!

The timing of your deposit may mean you've got another 7 post-First Edition colours to choose from. We'll know more next week.

Welcome! I've owned (and loved) 5 turbo Subarus, including the first Java Black 2004 STI in the states. My '06 Aspen White STI was stage 2 protuned and I thoroughly enjoyed driving the hell out of it for ~6 years!

Did your ATL dealer tell you which build spot # you have?

Welcome! I've owned (and loved) 5 turbo Subarus, including the first Java Black 2004 STI in the states. My '06 Aspen White STI was stage 2 protuned and I thoroughly enjoyed driving the hell out of it for ~6 years!

Did your ATL dealer tell you which build spot # you have?
Nice! I do love the java black, especially with gold wheels! Are you saying you had the first STI in the states or just that it was the first model year introduced here?

I lucked out with mine - I found it used in 2015, one owner, only 35k miles and relatively unmolested - and they priced it as if it were just a WRX. They're such great cars and definitely fun on gravel roads as @TomE notes! Mine is also stage 2 pro-tuned, actually had it re-tuned this past April and the tuner (DBW Motorsports) found another ~30whp over the previous tune. With the right tire setup, the car feels invincible, especially in the wet and snow.

I reached out to my dealer asking if he knows my spot number but haven't heard back. I put my deposit down July 19, but I'm not sure when they actually booked it in with Lotus. I did get an email September 3 with a Reference Number, so I know I'm at least in the queue.

I'm excited for news regarding pricing/colors/roadshow next week!

I put my deposit down on August 30 at Motorcars of Atlanta and was told I was number 40 at that time.

Back