Shadow tail lights anyone?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you think that the Emira might look even better if the tail lights were grey rather than red?

The shadow grey car's headlights seem to be light chrome inside compared to the than darker matte grey chrome in the Seneca showcar headlights which to me looks more elegant. To match the front lights better and avoid the Superman or McDonalds look on Seneca Blue or Hethel Yellow respectively, I did a quick mock-up of shadow tail lights for the Emira. What do you think?

Might need to get that tinting spray and darken them up a bit? :)

Attachments

• shadow-tail-lights.png
    shadow-tail-lights.png
    630.3 KB · Views: 250

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As always with those things it's not allowed in Germany 😅 however it looks really cool and I would like it on my Emira. I loved the clear glass look of the second gen V8 Vantage as well. One thing more we have to show to Lotus.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It'll need to meet global requirements so unlikely it'll get changed. But I'm sure aftermarket options will be available very soon, like the GRP rear lights did for the Evora.

I think the headlight differences you mention are just due to viewing angle and ambient lighting. I'm struggling to find two close up pictures from the same angle to demonstrate it, but here's a close up on the headlights from the grey and blue cars from different angles. To me this looks like they both have a dark background element, but it's not 100% conclusive.

Bear in mind one is a show car and one is a dynamic prototype, so if they are different then the Seneca Blue car is likely to be closer to production design intent.

F78576ED-DA2D-4930-90DA-AE379CE5368A.thumb.jpeg.0810f100ebd22b75e073b7112f1480f1.jpeg

lotus-emira-v6-first-edition-makes-us-debut 18.jpg

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It'll need to meet global requirements so unlikely it'll get changed. But I'm sure aftermarket options will be available very soon, like the GRP rear lights did for the Evora.

I think the headlight differences you mention are just due to viewing angle and ambient lighting. I'm struggling to find two close up pictures from the same angle to demonstrate it, but here's a close up on the headlights from the grey and blue cars from different angles. To me this looks like they both have a dark background element, but it's not 100% conclusive.

Bear in mind one is a show car and one is a dynamic prototype, so if they are different then the Seneca Blue car is likely to be closer to production design intent.

View attachment 2384

View attachment 2385
Thanks TomE.

These photos show the headlight differences perfectly. If you zoom into each photo, the light reflector design elements under the ‘warrior blades’ are painted in bright silver chrome on the dynamic prototype whilst they are in matte grey on the blue show car.

I hope they’re matte grey in production as that looks much much better!

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I tend to agree, I hope they're darker, especially on the lighter colours. Maybe they're different depending on the paint colour?
I hope not as that would affect my paint colour choice!