Shadow Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

AndyH

Reaction score

Nice angle of a shadow grey car in the 4th pic. Looks mean! :)

FlyNavy01

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus' window supplier (at least on all these pre-production cars) has lots of artifacts and weird refractions. Looks really bad in the rear glass in the photo above. I hope production cars don't have that! It's like orange peel x10 but for glass. Very strange.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m about to leave this forum till I get a call from the dealer
99% complaints , holy *****

Did lotus make something well for you ? 😂

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Lotus' window supplier (at least on all these pre-production cars) has lots of artifacts and weird refractions. Looks really bad in the rear glass in the photo above. I hope production cars don't have that! It's like orange peel x10 but for glass. Very strange.
That looks like the effect of a polarized filter on the camera, plus the rear window has a heating grid in it for defrosting.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m about to leave this forum till I get a call from the dealer
99% complaints , holy *****

Did lotus make something well for you ? 😂
Lol, touché. I'm usually quite positive, but considering there's still no official photos less than 2 months prior to release, is it really any surprise many are voicing concerns with what they're seeing? I hope I'm wrong and the final production quality is what I'd expect of a $100k mid-engined sports car. Otherwise I have no qualms sending my hard earned money to Stuttgart. We may find out June 7th...

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey Calran, glad you like some of the recent content from down under! (y)

Regarding my impressions of Seneca Blue:

Seeing the Seneca sample disks a few months ago, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the relatively low level of metallic fleck in the Seneca paint. Given the Emira has such a curvaceous body, I felt that a strong metallic would give it a richer, more expensive look than a solid flat colour that somewhat hides the body contours. I was also concerned that Seneca would look plastic and make the car look like a shiny Mattel toy. I wanted Seneca to be more like Laser Blue metallic (where the metallic is very visible from afar), but darker.

Seeing a painted domed sample disk that's 20cm in diameter versus seeing the colour on a car are chalk and cheese. The strong "almost solid" Seneca blue works well with the solid, non-metallic black gloss roof. Then you get a nice surprise in the Sun where some silver metallic shines through as a little easter egg. It does look a bit plastic, but in a good way.

So to get to the chase, my first impression of Seneca in the flesh on a real car was its a "bold" and "fun" colour that really suits the car. Being a really strong blue, my gut feeling is that this is a colour that needs a black pack, or alternatively, privacy glass on the rear and tinted windows on the sides to give it some more contrast and offset the loudness of the blue a bit. A loud coloured interior would not suit it (in my opinion). I think it works best with black leather or alcantara only.

It is definitely a head turner and an attention seeking colour. Seneca was my original paint colour choice but I steered away from it because I wanted a stronger metallic, and I'm a bit concerned that Seneca might be a bit of an "in vogue" colour that might date quickly. Planning on keeping my Emira for a long time, I wanted something timeless.

Shadow Grey is not a "loud", or "fun" colour, rather a more mature, somewhat conservative one that I think has got a bad rap because of the bland looking dynamic prototype. Dark grey with dark grey interior does not photograph well and those silver cast wheels look very Kia. There have been some decent shots of Shadow Grey in the sun, but many photos are either under exposed (making it look almost black) or over exposed (making it look too light).

Shadow will hide some of the curves a bit, however it will also light up in the strong Australian sun given its got a strong metallic fleck that includes some hidden mid blue and cyan blue highlights. It is also a bit of a chameleon in that it picks up the hues of its surroundings. So in the dusk it picks up some deep orange tones and on a bright sunny morning it looks more blue.

So my colour approach was to have a loud interior (red leather with silver highlights) with a somewhat subdued "sleeper" but "classy" exterior that won't be a fad colour.

The curves and overall form of the Emira will turn enough heads - I don't need to be screaming "look at me" all the time! :LOL:

Dark Verdant will be similar to Shadow Grey, but darker. Almost an off black until it pops a bit of green in the sunlight.

Regarding your spec choice, its certainly going to be quite mean looking and batman like! Probably too black for me based on my own preferences, but that's a personal choice. I want my sports car to be bold and shouty - but by its exhaust note and on the inside (where it shouts to me and makes me excited when i drive it!) and not outside to the rest of the universe!

If I had the funds, I'd get two Emiras! A Seneca Blue with Blackpack + Alcantara, and a Shadow Grey without Blackpack + Red leather. One almost the shouty inverse of the other (best of both worlds)!

Garage brothers:

View attachment 5615
View attachment 5882
These are literally the two choices I’m debating and for the exact same reasons!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Have a read of the below which will help to explain what is happening. It is a side-effect of tempering glass that creates surface tension as part of the safety glass manufacturing process.

I have also seen this effect on some of my other cars in specific lighting scenarios.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Lol, touché. I'm usually quite positive, but considering there's still no official photos less than 2 months prior to release, is it really any surprise many are voicing concerns with what they're seeing? I hope I'm wrong and the final production quality is what I'd expect of a $100k mid-engined sports car. Otherwise I have no qualms sending my hard earned money to Stuttgart. We may find out June 7th...
I still am not sure we will find out too much on 7th... a bit for sure, a bit more +ve of course... but quality? Seats? Info Entertainment .. Unless these guys have the cars for a good few days each and do a good 500-1000 miles, I am not sure it will make a big difference to most people on here.
I had a 718 and only when I went on a long.. .1200 mile run, after 3 hours of motorway driving did I realize the seats for me were awful, leg and back ache, one or the other and these were the 18 way 2500 pounds top of the line seats. Since then any time I spent more than 1 hour in the car on highway type roads, I was quite sore ... Not blaming porsche as the biggish guy that owned the car before me may have unsettled the seat a bit. Only point is, a few darts here and there around great roads wont tell us the whole picture and I doubt if they will be concentrating too much on quality or details or wheel gaps etc..... we shall see

MikeR

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
94E5D7FA-2FC5-4F80-A545-837FD40FB2B5.jpeg
Shadow Grey V6 FE manual Emira back on British GT Championship Safety Car duties at Donington Park this weekend

MikeR

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A few more from Donington Park, UK earlier today:

Attachments

• 4D6ABF0D-3310-48D8-9CE1-5224EC2CFE2C.jpeg
    4D6ABF0D-3310-48D8-9CE1-5224EC2CFE2C.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 3A706CFD-2587-478E-84D6-504C47FB3FDE.jpeg
    3A706CFD-2587-478E-84D6-504C47FB3FDE.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 48926048-B0C3-4925-B35E-B6DEE0E1312C.jpeg
    48926048-B0C3-4925-B35E-B6DEE0E1312C.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 82B0B359-BEC0-4D09-A98C-6990168DBAEC.jpeg
    82B0B359-BEC0-4D09-A98C-6990168DBAEC.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 123

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A few more from Donington Park, UK earlier today:
Looking good!

Don't think Shadow needs a black pack. The rear LOTUS badge looks a bit lost in black and the black roof is hardly visible. Would rather have a nice metallic sparkly roof rather than flat black (but that's my personal preference!).

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's the safety car with a quick photo edit of black forged wheels and calipers. :love:

safety-car-black-wheels.jpeg