Shadow Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the Awesome write up in the other thread digilotus, some great content.

I’m curious as a fellow Shadow grey advocate, what were your impressions in person? I know there was only the Seneca blue to compare it to, but would be good to get your honest impressions?

I haven’t seen it in person, and still perplexed as to why it’s so unpopular, compared to the others. Even people who have seen it, seem rather underwhelmed and say it’s a bit mehhh. Don’t think I will be changing as I really like it but just curious to see what you think, given it’s your choice of colour too and you have now seen it in person vs online.

I’ve gone Shadow grey, black pack, black wheels, red calipers, red stich alcantara, sport chassis with Goodyears.

Big thanks again for all the feedback, awesome read!!!
In mehhh lighting it looks like a dark grey sports car. It's not a bad thing, but a lot of Lotus fans are used to seeing Lotus sports cars with bright skittle colors. Under bright sunny conditions, shadow grey is a unique and special color.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the Awesome write up in the other thread digilotus, some great content.

I’m curious as a fellow Shadow grey advocate, what were your impressions in person? I know there was only the Seneca blue to compare it to, but would be good to get your honest impressions?

I haven’t seen it in person, and still perplexed as to why it’s so unpopular, compared to the others. Even people who have seen it, seem rather underwhelmed and say it’s a bit mehhh. Don’t think I will be changing as I really like it but just curious to see what you think, given it’s your choice of colour too and you have now seen it in person vs online.

I’ve gone Shadow grey, black pack, black wheels, red calipers, red stich alcantara, sport chassis with Goodyears.

Big thanks again for all the feedback, awesome read!!!

Hey Calran, glad you like some of the recent content from down under! (y)

Regarding my impressions of Seneca Blue:

Seeing the Seneca sample disks a few months ago, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the relatively low level of metallic fleck in the Seneca paint. Given the Emira has such a curvaceous body, I felt that a strong metallic would give it a richer, more expensive look than a solid flat colour that somewhat hides the body contours. I was also concerned that Seneca would look plastic and make the car look like a shiny Mattel toy. I wanted Seneca to be more like Laser Blue metallic (where the metallic is very visible from afar), but darker.

Seeing a painted domed sample disk that's 20cm in diameter versus seeing the colour on a car are chalk and cheese. The strong "almost solid" Seneca blue works well with the solid, non-metallic black gloss roof. Then you get a nice surprise in the Sun where some silver metallic shines through as a little easter egg. It does look a bit plastic, but in a good way.

So to get to the chase, my first impression of Seneca in the flesh on a real car was its a "bold" and "fun" colour that really suits the car. Being a really strong blue, my gut feeling is that this is a colour that needs a black pack, or alternatively, privacy glass on the rear and tinted windows on the sides to give it some more contrast and offset the loudness of the blue a bit. A loud coloured interior would not suit it (in my opinion). I think it works best with black leather or alcantara only.

It is definitely a head turner and an attention seeking colour. Seneca was my original paint colour choice but I steered away from it because I wanted a stronger metallic, and I'm a bit concerned that Seneca might be a bit of an "in vogue" colour that might date quickly. Planning on keeping my Emira for a long time, I wanted something timeless.

Shadow Grey is not a "loud", or "fun" colour, rather a more mature, somewhat conservative one that I think has got a bad rap because of the bland looking dynamic prototype. Dark grey with dark grey interior does not photograph well and those silver cast wheels look very Kia. There have been some decent shots of Shadow Grey in the sun, but many photos are either under exposed (making it look almost black) or over exposed (making it look too light).

Shadow will hide some of the curves a bit, however it will also light up in the strong Australian sun given its got a strong metallic fleck that includes some hidden mid blue and cyan blue highlights. It is also a bit of a chameleon in that it picks up the hues of its surroundings. So in the dusk it picks up some deep orange tones and on a bright sunny morning it looks more blue.

So my colour approach was to have a loud interior (red leather with silver highlights) with a somewhat subdued "sleeper" but "classy" exterior that won't be a fad colour.

The curves and overall form of the Emira will turn enough heads - I don't need to be screaming "look at me" all the time! :LOL:

Dark Verdant will be similar to Shadow Grey, but darker. Almost an off black until it pops a bit of green in the sunlight.

Regarding your spec choice, its certainly going to be quite mean looking and batman like! Probably too black for me based on my own preferences, but that's a personal choice. I want my sports car to be bold and shouty - but by its exhaust note and on the inside (where it shouts to me and makes me excited when i drive it!) and not outside to the rest of the universe!

If I had the funds, I'd get two Emiras! A Seneca Blue with Blackpack + Alcantara, and a Shadow Grey without Blackpack + Red leather. One almost the shouty inverse of the other (best of both worlds)!

Garage brothers:

emira-blue-grey.jpg

shadow-usa.png

Last edited:

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In mehhh lighting it looks like a dark grey sports car. It's not a bad thing, but a lot of Lotus fans are used to seeing Lotus sports cars with bright skittle colors. Under bright sunny conditions, shadow grey is a unique and special color.
Thanks Daas. In the U.K, so def not as many bright sunny days as you. Cant wait to see it in person

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey Calran, glad you like some of the recent content from down under! (y)

Regarding my impressions of Seneca Blue:

Seeing the Seneca sample disks a few months ago, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the relatively low level of metallic fleck in the Seneca paint. Given the Emira has such a curvaceous body, I felt that a strong metallic would give it a richer, more expensive look than a solid flat colour that somewhat hides the body contours. I was also concerned that Seneca would look plastic and make the car look like a shiny Mattel toy. I wanted Seneca to be more like Laser Blue metallic (where the metallic is very visible from afar), but darker.

Seeing a painted domed sample disk that's 20cm in diameter versus seeing the colour on a car are chalk and cheese. The strong "almost solid" Seneca blue works well with the solid, non-metallic black gloss roof. Then you get a nice surprise in the Sun where some silver metallic shines through as a little easter egg. It does look a bit plastic, but in a good way.

So to get to the chase, my first impression of Seneca in the flesh on a real car was its a "bold" and "fun" colour that really suits the car. Being a really strong blue, my gut feeling is that this is a colour that needs a black pack, or alternatively, privacy glass on the rear and tinted windows on the sides to give it some more contrast and offset the loudness of the blue a bit. A loud coloured interior would not suit it (in my opinion). I think it works best with black leather or alcantara only.

It is definitely a head turner and an attention seeking colour. Seneca was my original paint colour choice but I steered away from it because I wanted a stronger metallic, and I'm a bit concerned that Seneca might be a bit of an "in vogue" colour that might date quickly. Planning on keeping my Emira for a long time, I wanted something timeless.

Shadow Grey is not a "loud", or "fun" colour, rather a more mature, somewhat conservative one that I think has got a bad wrap because of the bland looking dynamic prototype. Dark grey with dark grey interior does not photograph well and those silver cast wheels look very Kia. There have been some decent shots of Shadow Grey in the sun, but many photos are either under exposed (making it look almost black) or over exposed (making it look too light).

Shadow will hide some of the curves a bit, however it will also light up in the strong Australian sun given its got a strong metallic fleck that includes some hidden mid blue and cyan blue highlights. It is also a bit of a chameleon in that it picks up the hues of its surroundings. So in the dusk it picks up some deep orange tones and on a bright sunny morning it looks more blue.

So my colour approach was to have a loud interior (red + gray leather with silver highlights) with a somewhat subdued "sleeper" but "classy" exterior that won't be a fad colour.

The curves and overall form of the Emira will turn enough heads - I don't need to be screaming "look at me" all the time! :LOL:

Dark Verdant will be similar to Shadow Grey, but darker. Almost an off black until it pops a bit of green in the sunlight.

Regarding your spec choice, its certainly going to be quite mean looking and batman like! Probably too black for me based on my own preferences, but that's a personal choice. I want my sports car to be bold and shouty - but by its exhaust note and on the inside (where it shouts to me and makes me excited when i drive it!) and not outside to the rest of the universe!

If I had the funds, I'd get two Emiras! A Seneca Blue with Blackpack + Alcantara and a Shadow without Blackpack + Red leather. One almost the shouty inverse of the other (best of both worlds)!

Awesome write up again, big thanks!!!!! Yes, like the dark mean look, so exactly what im hoping for. Was Shadow or DV for me. Not really into shouty colours, so this should work well. All this had got me v excited again. Sept delivery for me!!

Thanks again for all write ups, amazing content.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tan interior with red calipers doesn’t work. Probably needs yellow or black ones. And those headlights are still the ugly chromed ones.

But great to see more cars on the road!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is probably the car in the above video. Yes we know the seats are crap... you can even see the leather moving around because it doesn't fit the foam. Known issue!

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great to see it's being tested at my local circuit. Look forward to reading the reviews. A shame I'm in the US this week or I'd have popped over to watch.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Starting to think Shadow Grey might be the underrated colour. Seeing it in the flesh having the blue tones and against the silver wheels looks really nice.
Im not going to lie, Im still not that fussed about any FE colours deep down, they are special paints that is clear but Im still keen to see the BE colour options. Luckily with an ETA of Spring 2023 for delivery I can make a final choice when I know more

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Starting to think Shadow Grey might be the underrated colour. Seeing it in the flesh having the blue tones and against the silver wheels looks really nice.
Im not going to lie, Im still not that fussed about any FE colours deep down, they are special paints that is clear but Im still keen to see the BE colour options. Luckily with an ETA of Spring 2023 for delivery I can make a final choice when I know more
It will look even better with the forged (thinner) silver wheels. Or if you want a batman look, then pair it with black forged rims and a back pack!

281794029_170209378738118_8534783116202593521_n.jpg

shadow-black.png

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Awesome. My spec but went with red calipers. Wonder if this has the black pack, difficult to tell from the photos
It does have the black pack - way too much glare on that photo.