Shadow Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have a Bertone X1/9 that is two tone silver and dark gray metallic with a red interior and I love the look. I think shadow gray with red will look awesome! A classic combination and a sporty vibe. The ice gray combo would be equally awesome, but with a more austere sophisticated vibe. You can’t go wrong. I would pair with silver wheels, but just my bias.
Eeee that takes me back I had a Fiat X19 circa 35 years ago loved it it was red with the black roof

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes the good wood and shmee driving the car is really putting me off the shadow grey, certainly lack lustre is how I would also sum it up and the photo of jenson in the car the shape didn’t look great at all it looked very short from the side photo.
Shadow Grey looks good in real life, the metallic is more visible and has a nice tone. It doesn't photograph well, or at least it seems very "chameleon" and picks up colours from the surroundings which can make it look darker or have a colour wash which in real life isn't there. Not many people have chosen it, so it does have a bit of exclusivity if that's a factor.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Shadow Grey looks good in real life, the metallic is more visible and has a nice tone. It doesn't photograph well, or at least it seems very "chameleon" and picks up colours from the surroundings which can make it look darker or have a colour wash which in real life isn't there. Not many people have chosen it, so it does have a bit of exclusivity if that's a factor.
I'm in the shadow crowd and think it will look wonderful. So glad that not many people are selecting it!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A bit like Dark Verdant, its a bit difficult to get a good photo of Shadow Grey. You either get lots of reflection due to the shine which hides everything, or it picks up the surroundings and changes hue.

I've found a photo that shows a bit of Shadow's blue fleck shining through around the wheel arch and air intake that was taken during the Japan tour earlier this year. Unfortunately I don't have the source anymore - it was posted on instagram.

272226191_1585516225136166_831192244298675604_n.jpg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A new set of quite good quality photos of the Shadow Grey dynamic prototype from Singapore:

Even though the Emira price in Singapore is eye watering, there is already a 2 year waiting list!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
And yet the people who've seen it in the US were critical of the colour but I like it but haven't seen it in the flesh.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And yet the people who've seen it in the US were critical of the colour but I like it but haven't seen it in the flesh.
Probably because most of us saw it indoor with poor lighting, where it's mostly a dark metallic grey. Indoor and from distance, the gloss black trim blended with the dark grey body color. Interior was all black with black leather. It wasn't the best spec for showing off a fancy sports car.

I did get a chance to see Shadow Grey outdoor and it's a nice color that's not just "another grey". The blue fleck comes out under sunlight and gives it some character. If you want to fly somewhat under the radar, this is a good color choice.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There are white LEDs shining on the car which is bringing out the blue flecks in the grey.

Attachments

• DEFD6032-5B37-4AC4-8B3E-B4D5A4B2E2DB.jpeg
    DEFD6032-5B37-4AC4-8B3E-B4D5A4B2E2DB.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 210

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
A bit like Dark Verdant, its a bit difficult to get a good photo of Shadow Grey. You either get lots of reflection due to the shine which hides everything, or it picks up the surroundings and changes hue.

I've found a photo that shows a bit of Shadow's blue fleck shining through around the wheel arch and air intake that was taken during the Japan tour earlier this year. Unfortunately I don't have the source anymore - it was posted on instagram.

View attachment 3943
That's a nice reference shot.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Team Jonny all the way - she’s mad as a box 📦 of 🐸
She certainly seems to be doing a pretty good job of hanging herself right now, both in court and in the court of public opinion. I know some frogs that would see your comparison as an insult! :ROFLMAO:

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A new set of quite good quality photos of the Shadow Grey dynamic prototype from Singapore:

Even though the Emira price in Singapore is eye watering, there is already a 2 year waiting list!
Thanks for the Awesome write up in the other thread digilotus, some great content.

I’m curious as a fellow Shadow grey advocate, what were your impressions in person? I know there was only the Seneca blue to compare it to, but would be good to get your honest impressions?

I haven’t seen it in person, and still perplexed as to why it’s so unpopular, compared to the others. Even people who have seen it, seem rather underwhelmed and say it’s a bit mehhh. Don’t think I will be changing as I really like it but just curious to see what you think, given it’s your choice of colour too and you have now seen it in person vs online.

I’ve gone Shadow grey, black pack, black wheels, red calipers, red stich alcantara, sport chassis with Goodyears.

Big thanks again for all the feedback, awesome read!!!