• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Seneca Photoshop request

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Its hard to quickly create gloss black wheels from satin black. These aren't quite right but this should give you an idea as to the final look.

View attachment 5286
This looks great. I speced yellow calipers and full silver wheels, but plan to get them powdercoated soon after delivery to a nice gunmetal color. I really wanted something between silver and black so there's contrast between the tire and wheel.

OP
F

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Its hard to quickly create gloss black wheels from satin black. These aren't quite right but this should give you an idea as to the final look.

View attachment 5286
Brilliant, that looks the nuts! Many thanks for taking the time to do this. Very happy with my spec now :)

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This looks great. I speced yellow calipers and full silver wheels, but plan to get them powdercoated soon after delivery to a nice gunmetal color. I really wanted something between silver and black so there's contrast between the tire and wheel.
I wouldn't powdercoat forged wheels as they can lose their strength and fail under load. Hope the temps are not high to get that powdercoating done and keep them safe!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is what happens when you take the time to turn on the coffee machine, and get some coffee first. Somebody else beats you to it lol.
It's turning into a gunslingin', Photoshop at 50 paces, who is quickest on the draw...

236Zlh.gif

OP
F

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've just looked at the images above on my PC rather than my phone for the first time and I'm really struck by how different the Seneca images look. On my phone Seneca has more than a hint of cyan/turquoise. The same image on the large monitor on my PC has none of the cyan effect - it just looks blue and to my eyes more appealing as a result. Both the PC (Dell) and phone (Samsung) are using the default Windows and Android colour settings. Any of the colour experts care to comment? Even though I saw the Emira at Hethel just last Tuesday it is difficult to say which is a more accurate, but I think probably the image on Windows.

My original aim in speccing the Emira was to get something close to the look of this Daytona Evora. On my phone Seneca didn't really look like how I remembered Daytona as it was more vivid and more cyan. Comparing the Emira images above on my PC it actually looks pretty close, Daytona perhaps a shade darker.

AZB_2694-Edit.jpg

AZB_2957-Edit.jpg

chapman-production-centre-opening-ceremony_red-calipers-blk-hi-res-png.5286

ARA

Reaction score
I've just looked at the images above on my PC rather than my phone for the first time and I'm really struck by how different the Seneca images look. On my phone Seneca has more than a hint of cyan/turquoise. The same image on the large monitor on my PC has none of the cyan effect - it just looks blue and to my eyes more appealing as a result. Both the PC (Dell) and phone (Samsung) are using the default Windows and Android colour settings. Any of the colour experts care to comment? Even though I saw the Emira at Hethel just last Tuesday it is difficult to say which is a more accurate, but I think probably the image on Windows.

My original aim in speccing the Emira was to get something close to the look of this Daytona Evora. On my phone Seneca didn't really look like how I remembered Daytona as it was more vivid and more cyan. Comparing the Emira images above on my PC it actually looks pretty close, Daytona perhaps a shade darker.

AZB_2694-Edit.jpg

AZB_2957-Edit.jpg

chapman-production-centre-opening-ceremony_red-calipers-blk-hi-res-png.5286
This looks lot darker to me than seneca. I saw a blue edition toyota gt86 on the road this morning and that looked closer to the seneca that I recall. I'll try and add an image

ARA

Reaction score
This looks lot darker to me than seneca. I saw a blue edition toyota gt86 on the road this morning and that looked closer to the seneca that I recall. I'll try and add an image
Screenshot_20220508-162442_Auto Trader.jpg

OP
F

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think that is Toyota Refraction Blue, which does seem very close according to the first pic below, but much like Seneca it seems to vary enormously depending on the light. Our guide at the factory commented that BMW Misano Blue is also close.

84834dd9-6246-4b97-a00c-141e6e8d9e0b-jpeg.3395
2021-toyota-supra-a91-edition.jpg

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This was at the factory tour when they did the name reveal for the production factory,same spec as my order.

Attachments

• DF5D9F11-0DBA-4D1F-AB48-0007B51C90DA.jpeg
    DF5D9F11-0DBA-4D1F-AB48-0007B51C90DA.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 88

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 5286
If you have some time, could you please do this picture but with yellow calipers? That’s my spec 👍

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On my phone Seneca has more than a hint of cyan/turquoise. The same image on the large monitor on my PC has none of the cyan effect - it just looks blue and to my eyes more appealing as a result. Both the PC (Dell) and phone (Samsung) are using the default Windows and Android colour settings. Any of the colour experts care to comment?
Samsung is notorious for punching up the color saturation to make their displays "pop" at retail to attract buyers. It's possible to apply a color correction profile to the display, there are unique ones by model that can be downloaded and a few models have a good built-in profile that can be selected.

Which specific Samsung model do you have? I can send you a link to instructions.

If you want to experiment yourself without an engineered color profile, navigate to Settings -> Display -> Screen Mode. I suspect you may be in Vivid mode, if so change it to Natural and see if that gives you a better baseline result. If not, you can experiment with the Advanced settings until you get a white point that's closer to your expectations and a saturation value that doesn't blow out the color curves.

Last edited:
OP
F

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Samsung is notorious for punching up the color saturation to make their displays "pop" at retail to attract buyers. It's possible to apply a color correction profile to the display, there are unique ones by model that can be downloaded and a few models have a good built-in profile that can be selected.

Which specific Samsung model do you have? I can send you a link to instructions.

If you want to experiment yourself without an engineered color profile, navigate to Settings -> Display -> Screen Mode. I suspect you may be in Vivid mode, if so change it to Natural and see if that gives you a better baseline result. If not, you can experiment with the Advanced settings until you get a white point that's closer to your expectations and a saturation value that doesn't blow out the color curves.
Thanks for the info. It's a Galaxy S10e. Checked the screen mode and it was already set to Natural. Interestingly the images rendered on my son's Ipad look almost exactly the same as the PC, so it does indeed seem to be an issue with the Samsung over-saturating the colours . I can live with it if I know that the PC or Ipad is a better representation of the real life colour. I definitely thought the car I'd ordered was blue rather than cyan :)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'd be really grateful if one of the Photoshop wizards could change this pic published by Lotus a few days ago to black wheels and red calipers. I saw 3 or 4 Seneca cars at the factory this week but none with this combination - all had yellow or black calipers. Probably just over thinking this, but Seneca was a few shades lighter in bright sunlight than I expected and I just want to satisfy myself that the red calipers work with it. What do our resident colour experts @Eagle7 and @eclat2emira think? Thanks!

View attachment 5274
Gosh, I'm flattered! :ROFLMAO: I think red calipers will work well with Seneca. In fact I'm so late the party on this one you can already see they do!