• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Seneca Blue with ....Tan? anyone?

ARA

Reaction score
So my current spec is senca blue, no black pack, black wheels, yellow calipers and black alcantara/yellow trim interior.
However, I really really like the idea of tan as I have never had a car with a tan interior. I stopped short of speccing the car with tan as the blue with tan isn't something I thought worked and i dont recall ever seeing anyone else do it. I played it safe, albeit secretly wishing i could have tan.

Like a lot of you, I continue to find time to spec ...and change my spec again and again. Looking at the post a short while ago about grey with tan made me even go back and consider that !!! It so easy to just keep chaning minds with this car and the easy to use configurator. I am trying to work out if me thinking tan could well work with blue is just man maths applied to colours and me just convincing myself it would, or if it really could work.

Any thoughts?

Smudger

Reaction score
So my current spec is senca blue, no black pack, black wheels, yellow calipers and black alcantara/yellow trim interior.
However, I really really like the idea of tan as I have never had a car with a tan interior. I stopped short of speccing the car with tan as the blue with tan isn't something I thought worked and i dont recall ever seeing anyone else do it. I played it safe, albeit secretly wishing i could have tan.

Like a lot of you, I continue to find time to spec ...and change my spec again and again. Looking at the post a short while ago about grey with tan made me even go back and consider that !!! It so easy to just keep chaning minds with this car and the easy to use configurator. I am trying to work out if me thinking tan could well work with blue is just man maths applied to colours and me just convincing myself it would, or if it really could work.

Any thoughts?
My opinion, the blue works nicely with the tan interior. Go for the spec you want; if you make compromises you'll regret it, like I've done in the past. The only issues around resale will relate to cars specced with extreme combos, like McDonald's 'clown combo' (yellow exterior with red interior).

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Complimentary hues in colour theory, opposites on the wheel. Why would it not work?

DAMOH

Reaction score

Any thoughts?
Go for it. My first 911 was Cobalt Blue with a Terracotta interior so kind of similar. I loved it - Really stood out from all the boring sliver / grey / black 911s with black interior.

Attachments

• D2FED27A-9DBB-4729-902F-7D2C70D952FF.jpeg
    D2FED27A-9DBB-4729-902F-7D2C70D952FF.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 76

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Any thoughts?
I've seen a Seneca blue with tan leather. Looked good. Leather on dash and doors had vg stitching. Seat has a contrasting flash in the squab.

Ronin

Reaction score

Any thoughts?
Blue with the tan interior works great actually. it is a nice color combo. One thing you may want to consider it how dark (or light) the tan is and will the color of dark jeans transfer onto the seats? It may not...just throwing it out there.

Ronin

Reaction score
My opinion, the blue works nicely with the tan interior. Go for the spec you want; if you make compromises you'll regret it, like I've done in the past. The only issues around resale will relate to cars specced with extreme combos, like McDonald's 'clown combo' (yellow exterior with red interior).

Damn, I was thinking about yellow exterior and red interior....wont be doing that now LOL. I love how the yellow looks. Might just go black interior then...its safe.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Damn, I was thinking about yellow exterior and red interior....wont be doing that now LOL. I love how the yellow looks. Might just go black interior then...its safe.
Seems like people always dissing McDonalds (yellow/red) and Superman (Blue/red). I say if you are feeling it, go for it!!

As for the Blue/tan: lotus doesn‘t seem to object:

1647211373528.jpeg

But personally that’s my spec for the moment (blue/tan). Though green / tan is a possibility as is shadow grey/tan.

Did I mention I like tan leather seats?

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

Any thoughts?

I've a metallic blue (San Marino) with Amaro Brown and i think the combo is a winner. Seneca/tan could be great!

Attachments

• A0A318CB-1F14-47C0-A38D-3A2A7A51F3FF.jpeg
    A0A318CB-1F14-47C0-A38D-3A2A7A51F3FF.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 67

Smudger

Reaction score
Seems like people always dissing McDonalds (yellow/red) and Superman (Blue/red). I say if you are feeling it, go for it!!

As for the Blue/tan: lotus doesn‘t seem to object:

View attachment 3866

But personally that’s my spec for the moment (blue/tan). Though green / tan is a possibility as is shadow grey/tan.

Did I mention I like tan leather seats?
Just pointing out that more offbeat combinations reduce the pool of potential buyers, not that red/yellow was wrong per se. As I said, don't compromise (as long as you don't care about resale).