Seen 2 cars on the road Saturday alone

Reaction score
I left Silverstone for Birmingham area Saturday morning & stayed until lunch time
I past sadly on the other side of the road a
Yellow Emira
&
White Emira
Both within 30 miles of each on Saturday

Are there any officially sold road cars out there 🤷‍♂️

As said by another why are lotus holding back
Why are there no Emira current reviews on YouTube etc
Is it because they are taking all the deposits and have a huge hanger somewhere stock piling all the cars

Waiting for everyone to pay there final payment and then they will allow the reviews to be published by Jo public
Other than by people getting back handers for great reviews

Shame I couldn’t get closer to the 2 cars To see who was in it / reviewing it

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There are cars out this week with motoring journalists for press reviews, which are embargoed until 7 June. They've been spotted at Goodwood, Caffeine & Machine and elsewhere. We've seen yellow, red, blue and white press cars so far - I assume there are other colours out there too. These are final stage validation cars rather than full production cars. There are some pictures on the yellow, red etc threads.

No customer cars delivered yet. First ones will be in July, along with the dealer demo cars.

Lotus official pictures of all the colours are supposed to be being published end of next week just before the press reviews. But given they've been promising them "soon" since October I'm not holding my breath.

OP
S
Reaction score
There are cars out this week with motoring journalists for press reviews, which are embargoed until 7 June. They've been spotted at Goodwood, Caffeine & Machine and elsewhere. We've seen yellow, red, blue and white press cars so far - I assume there are other colours out there too. These are final stage validation cars rather than full production cars. There are some pictures on the yellow, red etc threads.

No customer cars delivered yet. First ones will be in July, along with the dealer demo cars.

Lotus official pictures of all the colours are supposed to be being published end of next week just before the press reviews. But given they've been promising them "soon" since October I'm not holding my breath.
Thanks Tom
As for the embargo until 7 June I hope they won’t be asking for the balance of deposits on the 5th
I’d like to see a lot more reviews on the car before making the 3rd payment & even dealer cars to look at closer
The goodwood car you couldn’t open the doors & dealer launch car was 3D printed & with covid to many people in & out the car touching everything so I kept we’ll clear

Fingers crossed it’s a great car and we get more info before the big payment in this very challenging climate a head in the UK

OP
S
Reaction score
I left Silverstone for Birmingham area Saturday morning & stayed until lunch time
I past sadly on the other side of the road a
Yellow Emira
&
White Emira
Both within 30 miles of each on Saturday

Are there any officially sold road cars out there 🤷‍♂️

As said by another why are lotus holding back
Why are there no Emira current reviews on YouTube etc
Is it because they are taking all the deposits and have a huge hanger somewhere stock piling all the cars

Waiting for everyone to pay there final payment and then they will allow the reviews to be published by Jo public
Other than by people getting back handers for great reviews

Shame I couldn’t get closer to the 2 cars To see who was in it / reviewing it
Funny now seen one near Silverstone today in a car park

Attachments

• A9BE0AC8-9902-4C46-ADEE-961F5B6D04B8.jpeg
    A9BE0AC8-9902-4C46-ADEE-961F5B6D04B8.jpeg
    538.6 KB · Views: 655
  • 0A5CF339-FBC4-4B0C-AF90-17A33EF32062.jpeg
    0A5CF339-FBC4-4B0C-AF90-17A33EF32062.jpeg
    596.7 KB · Views: 639
  • F18C6C07-41A9-46E6-9978-D382466E129A.jpeg
    F18C6C07-41A9-46E6-9978-D382466E129A.jpeg
    569.8 KB · Views: 660
  • 9604EDE8-6451-4FE7-81C9-B7DA0DB3351B.jpeg
    9604EDE8-6451-4FE7-81C9-B7DA0DB3351B.jpeg
    622.9 KB · Views: 700
  • D62CB7F7-4A9E-44DF-A696-23848B446D85.jpeg
    D62CB7F7-4A9E-44DF-A696-23848B446D85.jpeg
    529.7 KB · Views: 684

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice to see ice grey interior, but still showing that chasm of a shutline on the bonnet

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Did somebody notice about the left headlights has some kind of leaked water into?

ADC

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did somebody notice about the left headlights has some kind of leaked water into?
I think that moisture is on the outside. If you look closely, the whole front is wet - look for beads of water on the weather strip across the front, and water trails on the left of the bonnet/bumper.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think that moisture is on the outside. If you look closely, the whole front is wet - look for beads of water on the weather strip across the front, and water trails on the left of the bonnet/bumper.
I don't think so, for a couple reasons:
  • If it were external condensation from say, early morning dew / fog, then you'd see it over the entire car body (I feel like cars in this state tend to appear "matte"). Instead, the outside of the car's body appears dry and glossy.
  • If it were external condensation from driving, then you'd see streaks as the moisture beads got pushed backwards by the wind. Instead, it's evenly-covered, the way you would expect if it were on the inside.
All my opinions, anyways. I just feel like I've seen enough foggy headlights to recognize the patterns when I see them. :p

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There's definitely morning frost all over the car, including the headlights. It's amazing how everyone panics at the first sign of dew!

OP
S
Reaction score
So confirming the moisture was on the outside?
Yes 100% no worries there
The Mazda next to it the water had just dropped off where the lotus it just sat there

Had what’s apps from 3 friends in 24hrs spotting yellow / red / white cars they seem to be out in force

That said -

Has anyone seen a shadow grey road car apart from the Silverstone course car which was covered in stickers