Scrubbing on full lock

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone else get this? When I'm manoeuvring at slow speeds and on full lock, the tyres scrub horribly. It feels like I'm actively destroying the sidewall of the tyres. I appreciate this may be a consequence of the geometry by my God do I feel like I'm killing the tyre.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone else get this? When I'm manoeuvring at slow speeds and on full lock, the tyres scrub horribly. It feels like I'm actively destroying the sidewall of the tyres. I appreciate this may be a consequence of the geometry by my God do I feel like I'm killing the tyre.
It's normal. That doesn't mean it sounds and feels awful, though.

OP
F

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thats good to know as I've never had any car previously that does it as bad as the Emira does.

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeh my Emira does it but it's nothing to worry about. I was told that the skipping is a consequence of the steering design - apparently the Evora's do it too!

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had it on my GLC43 and C63. It was far worse than the Emira particularly in the cold and the run flat tyres definitely made it worse

OP
F

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I thought it was normal but thought best to check given i've never really had this with other cars.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, normal.
Had it on the Evora too.
It´s included in the First Edition as a no cost option.

This feature is the EWS, Early Warning System to tell you that you must center the steering wheel to avoid doing donuts

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira has a really tight lock, much tighter than cars I’m used to. I was really surprised how tight it can make a u-turn

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My RS3 never had any noises until I fitted a Verkline racing chassis with coil overs and changed all the geometry. When I reversed out of the drive and put in full lock it brought back that horrible memory of scrubbing. I can say having had my RS3 on the ramps trying to find where is was rubbing there was nothing and we deduced the tyres were dragging as the angle was tighter than they could rotate correctly in. Yes worse when cold for sure but I had that for 2 years with no issues. Surprisingly my Ferrari tech mate said most of their cars do it as well. It’s a testimony to a great chassis set up.