Roadster

gpsdesigns

Reaction score
Sorry for further speculation, just wondering if we’ll see a targa or roadster….or at the very least a sun roof.
did some searches but didn’t see it come up anywhere. Those of you who track probably would prefer a solid roof slab?

I believe it was in The Lotus Forum's interview with Matt Windle where he was asked about a potential convertible version and he said that it was not in the works at all.

I'll be tracking my Emira, so I definitely prefer a solid roof.

Not gonna happen.. A speedster would be sexy though!
211713456_10219155695508702_5440994948410426773_n.jpg

Not gonna happen.. A speedster would be sexy though! View attachment 881
Thx for the visual, I’ll be moving forward with or without, but I just Keep thinking about my 911 targa and how much I loved the openness of the cabin. Either way, still very excited for the emira. Thanks again for the image though, would be a great model.

Someone did a DIY job on an Evora. Challenge was the rolloverbar in the roof was quite far forward, so aesthetically looked pretty poor. Assume this was the reason there was never an Evora Roadster.

Evora convertible was in the original product plan and scheduled for year 3 or 4. Sadly sales of the Launch Edition, NA and S weren’t enough to justify the extra engineering and testing. Hence the 4xx facelift instead.

So much that's soooo right with this.. I'm actually hearing the Magnum PI soundtrack as I look at this..
I asked at the Lotus event in Hamilton specifically about a targa or similar possibility in the future. Was told it would likely take too much engineering since a reasonable portion of the chassis rigidity comes from the roof frame. No specifics but definitely got the impression nothing like that was on the cards during the development of the car.

In the same conversation I also learned the roof panels are not load bearing but that Lotus is working with SeaSucker (I think that’s the brand that was mentioned) to see if something can be done to develop roof bars. This was in response to a quip from me about not being able to take the Lotus if I wanted to tour with the bicycle!

I asked at the Lotus event in Hamilton specifically about a targa or similar possibility in the future. Was told it would likely take too much engineering since a reasonable portion of the chassis rigidity comes from the roof frame. No specifics but definitely got the impression nothing like that was on the cards during the development of the car.

In the same conversation I also learned the roof panels are not load bearing but that Lotus is working with SeaSucker (I think that’s the brand that was mentioned) to see if something can be done to develop roof bars. This was in response to a quip from me about not being able to take the Lotus if I wanted to tour with the bicycle!
You'll be fine with Seasucker mounts for a bike. The Evora roof is supposedly not load bearing but I've used that setup with no problems. I've also been able to get a bike across the back seats of an Evora but don't expect it'll work with the Emira, even with my short legs and the seat fully forward.

Lotus110_1920x1080 (1).jpg

You'll be fine with Seasucker mounts for a bike. The Evora roof is supposedly not load bearing but I've used that setup with no problems. I've also been able to get a bike across the back seats of an Evora but don't expect it'll work with the Emira, even with my short legs and the seat fully forward.

View attachment 883
Thanks Tom, useful to know. Yeah, the space behind the seats is OK at the base but tapers up to the headrests so shopping and slim cases only in there I think. Btw - is that your bike? ;)

Back