Ride Height Difference Between Touring and Sport Suspension?

1500 GT

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there will be a distinct difference in ride height between the two suspension options? I am going for the touring setup as I will do mainly road trips and only occasional track days with the Emira but have a slight concern that it may detract from the look of the car if the touring setup is noticeably higher with bigger wheel arch gap. I was also wondering whether the standard setup will be adjustable? I'm pretty much sold on the Touring option with the Goodyear Supersport tyres for use on UK roads, having run a 997.1 GT3 on Cup 2s for the past 5 years, fantastic track day tyre but noisy and often a handful on a cool or damp Sunday morning run into Wales.

AlexB

Reaction score
There is zero difference in ride heights between the two, although someone else may be able to provide a source of where this is confirmed.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They are the same ride height and non-adjustable. I asked at the dealer roadshow and a senior Lotus rep confirmed it. The blue show car is riding about 20mm lower than what's intended in production, which will look more like the height of the grey dynamic prototype.

I expect there will be some aftermarket lowering options available after first deliveries, as there are on the Evora.

OP
1500 GT

1500 GT

Reaction score
They are the same ride height and non-adjustable. I asked at the dealer roadshow and a senior Lotus rep confirmed it. The blue show car is riding about 20mm lower than what's intended in production, which will look more like the height of the grey dynamic prototype.

I expect there will be some aftermarket lowering options available after first deliveries, as there are on the Evora.
That's good to know. Just shows you that you have to take some of the general 'reviews' floating round with a pinch of salt.

OP
1500 GT

1500 GT

Reaction score
There is zero difference in ride heights between the two, although someone else may be able to provide a source of where this is confirmed.
Thanks Alex.

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My understanding was the blue car also has wheel spacers to help fill the arches.