• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Rejection after 6 months - UK - Anyone done it?

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not dealers fault but more Lotus and parts manufacturers fault. It will be interesting based on how many cars arrive in the USA what % will have ongoing or nagging issues. That is why it’s important to have a dealer network not to far from your home base.

I still feel the Emira to be more of a big refresh from the out going 400/GT. Same motor with reduced redline but a big upgrade in interior, exterior and touch gear. Wished lotus had came in closer to 500 HP and 400 torque in this car, that would have been amazing, as I know the car suspension, brakes could handle it.
Agree with you. Very important to have dealership near you. I’m 10 minutes away from mine
More hp and torque definitely if tracking car.

charleswhalley

Reaction score
An update for those of you who might be considering a similar path.

Lotus and the finance company are now looking at my case for rejecting the car, they are looking at the fault history with Lotus Silverstone.

Will keep you updated on how this goes.

As an aside the next scheduled HVAC repair is due on 23rd April 🤞
Any update for us?

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No update at the moment, chased Lotus again today and awaiting a call back.
Hi, my car is just over a year old and has been a dog since new and is back at a dealer, Lotus have failed to diagnose the HVAC failure again, (no control of the flaps inside dash this time) so this is final straw and I have asked Lotus to buy the car back, they havent even acknowledged my email, have you got any numbers for the team that handle these requests