• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Red or Yellow Calipers?

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello - I just placed my deposit yesterday.

Planning on Seneca Blue w Upper Black Pack w Ice Grey Leather Interior and Diamond Cut Rims. But I'm torn on brake caliper color. Initially I liked the yellow but in some photos I'm noticing the yellow on the Lotus Centercap is a different shade than the yellow of the brake caliper - and it's kinda bothering me. (Has anyone else noticed this??) Would love to hear others' thoughts and color/caliper preferences. To me it's definitely down to yellow or red as both will pop nicely against the blue.

Pete

Reaction score
Hello - I just placed my deposit yesterday.

Planning on Seneca Blue w Upper Black Pack w Ice Grey Leather Interior and Diamond Cut Rims. But I'm torn on brake caliper color. Initially I liked the yellow but in some photos I'm noticing the yellow on the Lotus Centercap is a different shade than the yellow of the brake caliper - and it's kinda bothering me. (Has anyone else noticed this??) Would love to hear others' thoughts and color/caliper preferences. To me it's definitely down to yellow or red as both will pop nicely against the blue.
I was thinking the exact same spec but when I saw the yellow calipers in the metal I was also put off by the clash in yellows so now thinking red. My wife and dad who were with me felt the same too.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seneca Blue with red calipers and black wheels is going to look very like this Evora. Stunning to my eyes, and probably the combination I'll be going for.

AZB_2442-HDR-Edit.jpg

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Senica blue with ice grey interior has to have the silver callipers for me.

Red callipers = red stitching
Yellow callipers = yellow stitching
Black callipers = grey stitching

Red leather (Brave)
Tan leather (Brave)

I know it’s popular but the yellow car option just doesn’t do it for me .

(All personal preference I suppose)

I’ve played it safe and gone for the launch car colour scheme. :)

Rya

Reaction score

Red leather (Brave)
Tan leather (Brave)

I'm going yellow with black pack/ red calipers and alcantara with red stitching

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You can get a sticker to paste over the colored Lotus emblem if you want to. There may be non-colored wheel emblems available? I don't know. I wouldn't let that stop you from getting yellow calipers.

I'm going with red calipers with Seneca Blue. #SuperManColors

Rya

Reaction score
You can get a sticker to paste over the colored Lotus emblem if you want to. There may be non-colored wheel emblems available? I don't know. I wouldn't let that stop you from getting yellow calipers.

I'm going with red calipers with Seneca Blue. #SuperManColors
Im going to go with the black wheels and the red really stands out on it

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Im going to go with the black wheels and the red really stands out on it
Yea, same here. I like what I see in the configurator.

OP
B

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ferrari matched the yellow nicely but I guess for 1/3 the price of a Ferrari 488 maybe I shouldn't complain...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-071331_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-071331_Chrome.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 20211028_080057.jpg
    20211028_080057.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 165
OP
B

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Red leather (Brave)
Tan leather (Brave)

So the slight clash in yellows doesn't bother you? (Sadly I have to order before I'll get a chance to see in person)

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ferrari matched the yellow nicely but I guess for 1/3 the price of a Ferrari 488 maybe I shouldn't complain...

It's not an issue of color matching but branding. Color is an element of the Lotus logo and a different shade of yellow will be off-brand. They could have gone with a colorless version of the logo but chose not to for some reason. That would have been my choice.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I really like the Superman theme. If I was going with Seneca blue I would go with the red interior for sure, but probably I would choose yellow calipers to complete the look. Remember that the Superman shield has a red S on a yellow background.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I have changed my mind on caliper color. I am leaning black now with black gloss wheels. That leaves the front logo and the wheel logos to be the "pop" of color especially if I stay with the green. Furthermore I am hoping the white lettering on the black calipers will be very distinct since it will be the only non-dark thing on the side of the car besides the rotors and wheel center caps. That will also allow me to get the gold winter wheels. I can't imagine gold wheels with yellow calipers if the car isn't black.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ll be replacing my Lotus logo wheel centres with the black versions - problem solved :)

View attachment 973
You’ll still have the body colour yellow and calipers in varying shades. Ferrari and Lamborghini match the yellow perfectly. First world problems I tell ya 🤣🤣🤣

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am speccing Hethel Yellow, so going with black calipers with black center caps (on the Silver Wheels) and black front emblem.

Yellow is such a strong color that it's best to just have the body in that color and nothing else.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am speccing Hethel Yellow, so going with black calipers with black center caps (on the Silver Wheels) and black front emblem.

Yellow is such a strong color that it's best to just have the body in that color and nothing else.
Definitely share where you get those please!