• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Rebooting infotainment / OS?

jcyl

Reaction score
Hi all,

My infotainment system / operating system seem to crash often when I launch CarPlay and it’s full of bugs.

Are there a way we can reboot the system manually?

Many thanks

schorsch

Reaction score
Hi all,

My infotainment system / operating system seem to crash often when I launch CarPlay and it’s full of bugs.

Many thanks
Can you describe the effects of the crash or even share a foto of the infotainment screen in that state?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Many thanks

I don't have my Emira yet, so I can't test, but in my VW I can hold down the main infotainment power button for ~10 seconds and it resets.

OP
jcyl

jcyl

Reaction score
I don't have my Emira yet, so I can't test, but in my VW I can hold down the main infotainment power button for ~10 seconds and it resets.
Thanks. I tried… it doesn’t work :(

OP
jcyl

jcyl

Reaction score
Can you describe the effects of the crash or even share a foto of the infotainment screen in that state?
It just freezes. So a photo wouldn’t show the issue as the screen looks normal.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I haven't heard this reported by any other owner. I would have it checked by Lotus.

Does it crash in any context other than CarPlay? And does the whole UI crash? Or just the CarPlay part?

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can’t say I have had too many issues in this area. Is it the same wireless and cabled? Perhaps run it cabled for a bit and see if it’s ok like that?

OP
jcyl

jcyl

Reaction score
Can’t say I have had too many issues in this area. Is it the same wireless and cabled? Perhaps run it cabled for a bit and see if it’s ok like that?
It’s already on cable :(