• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Question about Emira storage of sunglasses

netsinah

Emira owner.
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Still waiting for my Emira and thinking about the practical problem of where to store sunglasses, where they're readily accessible and not (for example) hanging from a holder on the visor, potentially blocking my view or (since my sunglasses are thick/wide when folded) hitting the windshield when the visor is flipped down with the sunglasses (then) behind the visor.

My C8 Corvettes didn't really have a convenient storage spot, until I realized I could easily set the case for my sunglasses, in a little cubby-hole behind the "infotainment touch screen". It's easy to reach over the touch screen, to grab the sunglasses (problem solved).

I see the Emira has a touch screen that extends up, above the dashboard. Can sunglasses similarly be stored behind its touch screen, sitting on the dashboard?? If so, will they stay put at that location...or perhaps a velcro base for the case, would prevent movement? Or maybe this is just a bad idea for the Emira?

Although I'm unsure it'll work, I did purchase this option from Amazon.ca, to potentially attach to the Emira car door and store sunglasses inside (I usually store a small umbrella in the side door pocket):

Where/how do current Emira owners, store sunglasses? Has anyone tried behind the touch screen? Any advice most appreciated.

Last edited:
I leave my sunglass case in the two cupholders since you can't put a drink in there without it getting in the way of shifting.
I tuck a bottle of water where the seatbelt latch is so it stays put in the corners.

As above, door pocket is fine, why make it more complicated than that

I agree… but I think there are just some people out there that want to buy accessories for the sake of minor improvements with convenience. Products exist in every market that aren’t really needed but are appreciated by some 🤷🏽‍♂️

As above, door pocket is fine, why make it more complicated than that
As indicated in my post starting this thread, I keep a small umbrella in the door pocket, which makes that unavailable for sunglasses. That may not be what anyone else does, but I'm a creature of habit and have done that in all my vehicles for about 50 years. You know what they say about "old habits"...

My thanks to MickOpalak for his suggestion; it would be nice to see how it looks in an Emira.

I leave my sunglass case in the two cupholders since you can't put a drink in there without it getting in the way of shifting.
I tuck a bottle of water where the seatbelt latch is so it stays put in the corners.
Can we talk about how sensitive the passenger seat is to weight? I put my mail down and the thing yells at me

Attachments

• 20240423_125545.jpg
    20240423_125545.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 12
As indicated in my post starting this thread, I keep a small umbrella in the door pocket, which makes that unavailable for sunglasses. That may not be what anyone else does, but I'm a creature of habit and have done that in all my vehicles for about 50 years. You know what they say about "old habits"...

My thanks to MickOpalak for his suggestion; it would be nice to see how it looks in an Emira.
I have a small Lotus umbrella in the pax door pocket which frees up the drivers pocket for sunglasses, unless you’re doubling up on umbrellas 😂