Prospective Insurance Cost

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I thought i'd get two quotes, both from compare the market. One for an Evora 400 and one for an Exige 430 - all same details apart from car. The Exige was over £800 the Evora around £370. Fingers crossed the Emira will be similar insurance to the Evora.

Isn't it driven by Postcode, cost of spares, on site security, ie garaged/on road location plus cost of replacement.
My GT4 is about £400 and my Mclaren 720s about £1500 with full invoice cost in first two years.

Isn't it driven by Postcode, cost of spares, on site security, ie garaged/on road location plus cost of replacement.
My GT4 is about £400 and my Mclaren 720s about £1500 with full invoice cost in first two years.
I used all the same settings apart from the car. So same location, mileage, no claims etc..

I found insurance rates to be quite reasonable when calling for GT4 and Evora quotes. They were actually less than my GTI. When I asked how a $100k car can be less than a $30k car to insure, the reps told me it's likely due to owners of Porsche and Lotus having less claims and better driving records.