Privacy glass

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The tailgate glass is a 50/50 preference thing. With the black roof it flows into one piece.
It also works fine not tinted as even that has a tinted border.

It’s the privacy side windows that look completely wrong, clashing against the main side glass, breaking up the flow of the side profile.

imho, obvs.
It needs door window tint to knock down the contrast. A slightly lighter 30% or even 35% VLT tint in a very close color match should do the job even though it's not a 1:1 match in VLT. A perfect match should be possible too, for people who live in jurisdictions that allow it.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
In these parts, rear tint can legally be as dark at "limo" tint, but the front-side windows must be light enough so that police can see the driver and passenger. Many owners "push the envelope" with medium darkness on all glass except the windshield. That way, there's an overall uniformity that looks great to most people.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The tailgate glass is a 50/50 preference thing. With the black roof it flows into one piece.
It also works fine not tinted as even that has a tinted border.

It’s the privacy side windows that look completely wrong, clashing against the main side glass, breaking up the flow of the side profile.

imho, obvs.
I don't completely disagree but the sides are also angle dependent, it's only really obvious when you're square side on and looking through the car. Again look at my picture above, do the rear sides look any different to the fronts? As I say though I do get what you mean.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry to bump or if its somewhere else, but can I get some privacy glass next to some non privacy glass in the rear? thank you!

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Watch Revmonkey’s YouTube collection video for a clear video showing the difference

I originally specced privacy but removed it later on

• Useful
Reactions: ino

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Watch Revmonkey’s YouTube collection video for a clear video showing the difference

I originally specced privacy but removed it later on
I was wondering if I can remove it!
Thanks a lot.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was wondering if I can remove it!
Thanks a lot.
You can, but they will likely say no initially

You may need to escalate it, they won’t allow a change if your car is being built within the next 10 weeks though

Reactions: ino

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just to clarify: you can try to change your spec before delivery if Lotus will allow it, but you can't remove the tint after the car has been built. It's a different darker glass rather than an applied film you can take off.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Maybe the privacy glass option may not be so damaging, and even be preferable, on an Emira I4 FE, because unlike the V6 version, the engine is not really visible anyhow, so a bit of “blur” may come in handy 🤪🤣

As a matter of fact, I actually do have a Dark Verdant/Tan with I4 FE and privacy glass (no top black pack, but only lower black pack) on order. I think privacy glass may work well and look good for my spec, and we do have considerably more sunshine where I live (Japan) as compared to the UK.

I did successfully change my order from black to silver wheels, and I do not intend ask for any other changes. (I am considering to ask to purchase an additional set of black titanium exhaust tips so I can exchange the silver ones (that come with my spec) and the black ones so I can find out which ones look 👀 more attractive.)

Last edited:

JohnB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve gone the controversial route of no upper black pack (so I can get the silver exhausts)… but then having the PPF guys do a piano black roof as an aftermarket. Apparently there are some new PPFs that are indistinguishable from paintwork and give a terrific gloss finish.
Wouldnt it be easier to powder coat or chrome the exhaust tips instead?