❔ QUESTION PPF

thenextchapter

Reaction score
A question really for the customers picking up their cars from Central Nottingham I suppose but I welcome everyones thoughts.
I'm still undecided whether to collect from Hethel - factory collection experience and local ppf or from a local ish dealership.
I'm considering ppf and would welcome anyones experience of fitters around Nottingham
Thanks

paul c

Reaction score
A question really for the customers picking up their cars from Central Nottingham I suppose but I welcome everyones thoughts.
I'm still undecided whether to collect from Hethel - factory collection experience and local ppf or from a local ish dealership.
I'm considering ppf and would welcome anyones experience of fitters around Nottingham
Thanks
I want to factory collect but knowing my luck I’d get a stone chip on way home so thinking get it delivered to ppf company so far

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have heard that the factory will be offering PPF.
That is correct, just waiting on them to confirm details and pricing - below is extract from my last email from CS on this subject

"PPF from factory will be available but we do not have the details on the applicator or the pricing. HQ are finalising the handover and delivery options and this will be available shortly before first orders are finalised. "

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Does this sound like decent value? They are reputable but have only been doing PPF for a few years - before that the guy was a detailer for 8 years...

PPF - Paint Protection Film

Basic Kit
- Front Bumper, mirrors, a pillars and headlights - £750 + Vat

Standard Kit - Front Bumper, Bonnet, Wings, Headlights, Mirrors, A Pillars- £1250 + Vat

Extended Kit - Front Bumper, Bonnet, Wings, Headlights, Mirrors, A Pillars, Sills and Rear arch Impact zone - £1850 + Vat

Full Coverage - £3450 + vat

We use Suntek Reaction Film which comes with a 12 Year warranty against cracking, discolouration and staining. We also offer a 5 year warranty against our workmanship and the install itself covering against lifting and movement. Its extremely hydrophobic and fully self-healing film, it is also extremely glossy in appearance. All our installs are pre-cut templates specifically designed to fit your vehicle, cut on site. We edit patterns and templates to offer the best possible fitment for the most discrete install. Due to some panel shapes and designs some templates may have discrete joins but we will discuss this with you if that is the case. As our film is Hydrophobic (Repellent) It doesn’t require a coating over the top.

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does this sound like decent value? They are reputable but have only been doing PPF for a few years - before that the guy was a detailer for 8 years...

Basic Kit

Standard Kit - Front Bumper, Bonnet, Wings, Headlights, Mirrors, A Pillars- £1250 + Vat

Extended Kit - Front Bumper, Bonnet, Wings, Headlights, Mirrors, A Pillars, Sills and Rear arch Impact zone - £1850 + Vat

We use Suntek Reaction Film which comes with a 12 Year warranty against cracking, discolouration and staining. We also offer a 5 year warranty against our workmanship and the install itself covering against lifting and movement. Its extremely hydrophobic and fully self-healing film, it is also extremely glossy in appearance. All our installs are pre-cut templates specifically designed to fit your vehicle, cut on site. We edit patterns and templates to offer the best possible fitment for the most discrete install. Due to some panel shapes and designs some templates may have discrete joins but we will discuss this with you if that is the case. As our film is Hydrophobic (Repellent) It doesn’t require a coating over the top.
Your price is about £1k cheaper than Topaz for full coverage. I know several people in my area that are cheaper than Topaz but the quality of the work is in line with the cheaper price. Topaz also include a 2 stage paint correction detail in their price, so worth checking if that’s in the deal you’re getting

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Basic Kit

That's very comparable to what Kent Lotus are offering (info below from EmiraMike), but they are using Xpel Ultimate Plus, which is one of the premium films along with 3M.

As Dommo says, you need to check if the price includes a paint correction detail beforehand. The Kent prices don't.

Kent Lotus PPF pricing and options (EmiraMike).jpeg

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe the factory are looking to propose something like the Essential kit above plus ceramic over the rest of the car as an overall package. If your request is ceramic only then the dealers will do that themselves.
I am also led to believe that if you order factory collection then the PDI is done at the factory, avoiding the trip to “Oxford” for the PDI that all other UK cars will get before they head off to their dealer/agent/retailer (whatever the current lingo is).

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That's very comparable to what Kent Lotus are offering (info below from EmiraMike), but they are using Xpel Ultimate Plus, which is one of the premium films along with 3M.

As Dommo says, you need to check if the price includes a paint correction detail beforehand. The Kent prices don't.

View attachment 8707

Anyone else notice that the gloss black lower sections aren’t “coloured in” here? I’d argue these were the most important parts to cover (although how they do them, I don’t know… very complex shapes).

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Something we need to find out is what the car will come with as standard.

Every Lotus since forever has had some protection in front of the rear wheels (”shark fin”).

My previous Evora had this and also some on the vulnerable areas of the sill and bottom of the door.
Anywhere that a stone flicked up from the front wheel could hit.
The Evora had little mudflaps too. The Emira doesn’t.

I’m thinking of the factory ceramic coating but wouldn’t want to do it before those areas were PPF’d.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Something we need to find out is what the car will come with as standard.

Every Lotus since forever has had some protection in front of the rear wheels (”shark fin”).

My previous Evora had this and also some on the vulnerable areas of the sill and bottom of the door.
Anywhere that a stone flicked up from the front wheel could hit.
The Evora had little mudflaps too. The Emira doesn’t.

I’m thinking of the factory ceramic coating but wouldn’t want to do it before those areas were PPF’d.
Here is what comes out of factory. There’s an area of protection film in front of the rear wheel and a small strip at the back of it too.

Have not observed any at the front of the car or on lower black pack elements.

If you PPF the whole car I assume these PPF areas will need to be removed first as PPF over PPF doesn’t work so good!

Last edited:
Reactions: KJD

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good spot.

That’s what I was hoping it came with.

My Evora came with items 5 to 9 from this:

D21B46A8-B963-463F-A6F3-F90E03D645FE.jpeg

Something similar would be enough for me.