• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Emira Paint Protection: PPF, Ceramic Coat or Both?

J600net

Reaction score
It won't let me search for PPF due to the min char length on the search, so apoligies if this topic has been done to death.

I want to keep my Emira looking pristine, I have had ceramic coating done on previous cars which looked amazing for a short while, but I'm not 100% convinced it actually protected my paint so well. Felt more like a really good polish and wax :)

With the Emira, I want it properly detailed and will no doubt get a ceramic coat, but I'm tempted to extend that to PPF.

Now, my questions regarding PPF (never having had paint protecfion film) are this:

1. Is PPF much better than a ceramic coat
2. If you get PPF is ceramic coat not needed
3. If getting PPF would PPF on top of the ceramic coat be wise

Anyone done any of the above?? Would welcome feedback.

Ps. Long shot, can you recommend anyone for the above (I'm Teesside, North East UK)

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm going to get full PPF, then put this Kamikaze product on myself. Best of both worlds. Ceramic coatings do not protect from stone chips. That's a fallacy. I've done partial PPF on several cars, but never full.

Was notified my car is on a boat today. Now I can get serious about things to do to it.

https://www.esotericcarcare.com/kamikaze-zipang-coat-2-0/