Percentage of Exotic Car Owners Paying Cash

Jinba ittai

Emira Fiend
Joined
Sep 11, 2024
Messages
577
Media
49
Reaction score
729
Status:
Emira Owner
My Specs:
Emira V6


Some interesting stats and discussion here. They figure Lotus buyers are more typically enthusiasts than people trying to “flex”.
 
I paid mine cash because right now in my life cashflow is more important and I didn't have any possible investment that would out-pace the crazy ~10% interest rate + depreciation (V6 Auto) that I calculated.

I could went for a lease, but again cashflow and uncertainty on the Emira and its future values was rough to estimate.
Also as a 30yo it is my first sport car rodeo, so with a higher cashflow, I get less stress if something break and I have to pay for it when its out of warranty.

Car has been to the shop multiple times and is still there (since mid-July) for a full transmission replacement....

Basically paying cash is just more secure; I have a great paying job who provide steady cashflow BUT don't own any business that I could invest in it which would outgrow the interest rate and in the end I can easily plan ahead for mechanical problems.

In the end, no car on that price bracket can give the flex-to-price ratio of a New/LightlyUsed Emira... So it was a easy choice.
 
Paid around 2/3 in cash, the rest from redraw on my paid off house.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top