Painted Supercharger Cover Thread

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Only lotus would void the warranty for removing a cover.. doubt any other manufacturer would even care.
I don’t think they can void a warranty for that. There were discussions on other threads around exhaust modifications and warranty didn’t impact that either. Your dealer can say whatever they want but there are some decent right to repair laws on the books. Powder coating the cover would be a fight for them to deny engine coverage. Of course, it’s a fight for you also.

Ask the dealer to powder coat it, problem solved.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Only lotus would void the warranty for removing a cover.. doubt any other manufacturer would even care.
Great posts guys because I’m also looking to get my cover painted yellow. My dealer would not have an issue with me getting a third party to powder coat it even if I removed and replaced it myself. They said it would only be an issue if it led to damage i.e., contamination in the oil or damage due to over torquing. Basically the Lotus warranty cannot be void in the UK if work is carried out by any competent person/garage unless the work can be proven to have caused some form of damage or stress that causes an issue. If local garage removed the engine, took all the ancillaries off, sprayed it and put it back they can’t refuse to carry out a warranty claim for piston failure. There may be different laws in the US but several years ago things changed in the UK as previously we didn’t even get a warranty unless we had full dealer servicing.
I’m going to get mine serviced at Lotus but I thought I’d share what I was told because I’m 100% going ahead with this. No doubt it will be a totally different answer when I take it to JUBU late this year or early 25.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My only concern about doing something like this is it being a distracting reflection in the rear window when I'm looking through the rear view mirror. How much reflection is there now with the stock cover?
Not much of a difference, I think. A glossy engine bay trim might show a bit around the edges inside the hatch glass, but there is more distracting stuff outside the engine bay reflecting into the center of the glass between the cabin and the engine bay.
*edit: this car has privacy glass

Normal OEM black finish (with matte finish carbon engine surround)
PXL_20240217_002843603.RAW-01.COVER.jpg PXL_20240217_002928836.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

White (clean towels)
PXL_20240217_003043354.RAW-01.COVER.jpg PXL_20240217_003142397.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

Yellow (mustard yellow T-shirt)
PXL_20240217_003521626.RAW-01.COVER.jpg PXL_20240217_003607194.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not much of a difference, I think. A glossy engine bay trim might show a bit around the edges inside the hatch glass, but there is more distracting stuff outside the engine bay reflecting into the center of the glass between the cabin and the engine bay.

Normal OEM black finish (with matte finish carbon engine surround)
View attachment 37256 View attachment 37257

White (clean towels)
View attachment 37258 View attachment 37259

Yellow (mustard yellow T-shirt)
View attachment 37260 View attachment 37261
Thanks for taking the time on this and a good idea to use the towels.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Great thread! I will almost certainly be painting mine red.