• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Owners: How much time have you spent unable to drive?

How much time have you spent unable to drive since you took delivery?

• I have had no issues that have taken my Emira out of commission so far

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • <1 week

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 1-2 weeks

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 2-3 weeks

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 3-4 weeks

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • >4 weeks/ a month

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I feel like I have been seeing a lot of people who have taken delivery saying their car has been at the dealer awaiting parts or work for many weeks already. Obviously this wont be a perfect poll, as people who are having issues are more likely to come on the forum and express those problems, but I am hoping to see that the majority of owners have not had their car out of commission at all so far. I can adjust the poll if someone thinks of a better way to gauge this.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
You're right, these polls won't accurately gauge new owner downtime. Even if someone votes "no issues" they'd have to come back and change their vote if/when something does happen. That might not happen.

FWIW, I've been spending time on the McLaren forums lately and it seems new Lotus owners aren't the only ones experiencing ECU faults resulting in limp mode and extended down times:

Maybe it's a British thing. 🤭

OP
SmallerBaller

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You're right, these polls won't accurately gauge new owner downtime. Even if someone votes "no issues" they'd have to come back and change their vote if/when something does happen. That might not happen.

FWIW, I've been spending time on the McLaren forums lately and it seems new Lotus owners aren't the only ones experiencing ECU faults resulting in limp mode and extended down times:

Yeah, just hoping to get some sort of initial gauge on the situation but might not pan out that way! Maybe it was like this for the evora launch too, just really seems like they don't have their ducks in a row, even less than I anticipated. It isnt so much the frequency of issues, it is the variety. I think I expected a big wave of the same electrical issues that would get sorted out, but I have seen a barrage of random issues all over the board. Doesnt make me feel like there is a focus on known issues, but that anything could fail at any point and the quality control means nothing.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, just hoping to get some sort of initial gauge on the situation but might not pan out that way! Maybe it was like this for the evora launch too, just really seems like they don't have their ducks in a row, even less than I anticipated. It isnt so much the frequency of issues, it is the variety. I think I expected a big wave of the same electrical issues that would get sorted out, but I have seen a barrage of random issues all over the board. Doesnt make me feel like there is a focus on known issues, but that anything could fail at any point and the quality control means nothing.

I'm right there with ya. Extremely disappointed.

OP
SmallerBaller

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know it isnt a lot of data, and will change over time, but this is actually the spread I was hoping to see so far. Making me feel better about hanging in there. Seems like a majority of people havent had significant issues so far!

ott

Reaction score
6 months for me. Did 1 k. trouble free miles (except wiper issue) last year, then stored for 5 months in winter which obviusly is not car's fault and now already over month waiting when electronical issues will be fixed which occured during first drive this year. Still no info whats the problem and when it will be solved ? Would I know this, it would not be much stress for me. Have other cars and can wait. But Lotus is not doing this well unfortunately. (n) My recent personal experience with BMW, Porsche and Land Rover related to solving warranty problems is much better. Hope to drive my car this summer, although only 6 months till next winter.:LOL:

Last edited:
OP
SmallerBaller

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
6 months for me. Did 1 k. trouble free miles (except wiper issue) last year, then stored for 5 months in winter which obviusly is not car's fault and now already over month waiting when electronical issues will be fixed which occured during first drive this year. Still no info whats the problem and when it will be solved ? Would I know this, it would not be much stress for me. Have other cars and can wait. But Lotus is not doing this well unfortunately. (n) My recent personal experience with BMW, Porsche and Land Rover related to solving warranty problems is much better. Hope to drive my car this summer, although only 6 months till next winter.:LOL:
So about a month due to actual issues? Still, a lot of time.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did you leave the car on a battery maintainer? Which one?

Toby L

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Had mine for a week and a half, no issues so far. Driving everyday and now on a trip to the Netherlands. Only thing I would say is that when I received my car it hadn’t been detailed to the level I’d expected. Polish residue in nooks and crannies on the car, holograms as well. I found a tiny paint nib with what looks like 3 finger prints around it. Perhaps someone at the factory touched it too early after painting?

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

I guess they should've bought an NSX - probably FAR more reliable but without dihedral doors.
But yes, when a service advisor recommends waiting until at least year 2, that advice should be taken.

Sport190

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is your car from Komo-Tec and are you wating for software Update?

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've been out of my car for nearly two months if I count the time it was sitting at the dealer when it arrived to wait for the power steering to be fixed. Has to go back in on Monday for the AC to be repaired. Hope it's going to be a quick one, want to go for a trip on Thursday (bank holiday in Germany)

Sport190

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've been out of my car for nearly two months if I count the time it was sitting at the dealer when it arrived to wait for the power steering to be fixed. Has to go back in on Monday for the AC to be repaired. Hope it's going to be a quick one, want to go for a trip on Thursday (bank holiday in Germany)
Do you have any electrical problems like ESP, ABS, EML or handbrake service?

Sport190

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm from Emmerich, not far away (were the A3 leaves D)