• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Osmium Silver

daveparky84

Reaction score
Thoughts on the new Osmium Silver?

I've actually changed my AMG order from Nimbus grey to Osmium Silver. I do really like Nimbus but it always felt like a very slight compromise, some of the photos I've seen it has a brown hue, others it looks silver, others champagne. Sometimes it just doesn't look right, especially with silver wheels. So when I saw this new Osmium silver I immediately contacted my dealer in Melbourne and was pleasantly surprised to find out I could still change my spec.

So yeh Osmium for me with silver wheels and yellow brakes. I think it looks fantastic, really sharp! Reminds me of the older Ferrari silvers like the F355 silver spec.

Attachments

• lotus-emira-FVqfa3YB.png
    lotus-emira-FVqfa3YB.png
    232 KB · Views: 688
  • lotus-emira-FVqfa3YB (1).png
    lotus-emira-FVqfa3YB (1).png
    242.6 KB · Views: 494

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think every kind of silver will fit perfectly to this car

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd like to see Osmium in person (still wondering if it will have some purple hue in it?), but if its anything like the configurator then I think it will be another classic colour!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Osmium vs. Nimbus is the new Arctic vs. Storm Titanium. Personally I always preferred Storm Titanium and still prefer Nimbus (saying that without having seen Osmium but I assume it's similar to Arctic). The darker shades of Storm and Nimbus will have more dynamic contrast between dark and light over the various surfaces of the car, showing off the form a bit better. But I would prefer Osmium over the darker colors like Black, Verdant or Shadow.

2005_lotus_elise_1599687562a6b2dDSC_0042s.jpg

2006-Lotus-Elise-Storm-Titanium-32248-29.jpeg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had an Artic Silver Elise and it reminds me of that. It looks like it has a lot of metallic flake, curious to see if that's true in real life.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had an Artic Silver Elise and it reminds me of that. It looks like it has a lot of metallic flake, curious to see if that's true in real life.
Snap. My first Lotus was an Elise S2 135 Sport, bought new back in 2002. I much preferred Arctic Silver to Storm Titanium, which to me always looked like a silver car in need of a wash :)

DSC00079.JPG

I remember reading an interview with ex VW & Audi design chief Walter de Silva, and he liked all his new designs to be displayed in silver as he thought there was no better colour for showing off a car's lines. I reckon bright silver will look great on an Emira.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Apparently the dealers, sorry, I mean 'agents' don't even have the discs of these new colours yet. Would be nice to see them as I'm tempted to swap my nimbus to Osmium too... I think it will be 'sharper'. Might even go with the DC wheels!

My car is now apparently due in June. So I'll be liable to pay £6k more. So may delay to get an early version of a new colour. At least I'll feel like I'm getting something slightly different to my peers who paid £6k less🙄

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Snap. My first Lotus was an Elise S2 135 Sport, bought new back in 2002. I much preferred Arctic Silver to Storm Titanium, which to me always looked like a silver car in need of a wash :)

View attachment 25996

I remember reading an interview with ex VW & Audi design chief Walter de Silva, and he liked all his new designs to be displayed in silver as he thought there was no better colour for showing off a car's lines. I reckon bright silver will look great on an Emira.
Very nice with the red roof and the 135 wheels. Mine was an SC so had the SC-specific wheels:
DSCN2646_UL.JPG

The Evora was launched in silver too, I thought it looked really good in that colour but very few customer cars were specified with it:
Evora_at_Motorshow.jpg

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Osmium looks so mich better than Nimbus IMO
To me plain silver is extremely boring and that is why Nimbus is way better. Honestly if there had been a brighter green or darker blue I would have gone that way.

Crown

Reaction score
I’ve had two factory tours and nimbus looked champagne tinted in every light setting., I’ve never liked it , but many do. A pure silver like Osmium will go so much better for those who chose silver wheels and look fantastic with black pack and black wheels as a contrast as well.
Have seen sold bright red a few times at the factory and again , I think this new red will look fabulous on the car . Having seen the magma red it has a copper look to it in bright light and looks very subdued under cloud . Some pictures online have looked so different to the naked eye making the magma really pop, but to the eye I see a copper hint .Great we all have more choices now , oh and the 3 blues look fabulous. Hoping Goodwoods lotus stand may show off the new colours this year ? 👍

Last edited:

T6061

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They have been posted before and someone pointed out this was a preproduction prototype (note the mismatched front and rear wheels) that was painted silver but was not osmium. Still it gives a clue of what a silver Emira will look like. There were also the silver interior design bucks that can be seen in the background in the studio during the Harry’s garage interview with Russell Carr. Those were also confirmed to not be osmium silver.

Crown

Reaction score
I’m crossing my fingers that it looks like the configurator as it appears a very deep metallic and should pop with black contrasts.
Tried my local dealer , still no i4 demo and no colour samples of the new colours yet .
Deliveries in the autumn will probably be first time we see real pictures I guess ?