• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Only allowed to choose body-color

note89

Reaction score
Hello, all nice to be joining the forums!

I have put down a 15 000 euro deposit with Lotus in Bilbao, Spain.
They have told me that the only thing I can configure on the car is the body color and engine.
No black pack, no wheel options, no interior, etc.

Does anyone else have the same experience?

I have chosen the Dark Verdant, and I'm sure it's gonna be great no matter the other options but
feels a bit strange after watching videos of people doing options in the UK with color samples in the store.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
honestly, almost everyday I reconfigure the car with the hope to see the "final price" with optionals like in the UK or US :D
I didn't notice that the price indicated for the BASE and FE disappeared!

My hope is the price will go down! As it was even higher than expected or firstly announced! I think many people were surprised for the final price in some countries.
I'm sure many people gave up and retired their deposit after the price was announced. Just because expectations were really different.
To give you an example: expectations in august: 85k for FE. My thoughts was that I would have had probably to select some options, I didn't expect an almost full optional FE! So I tounght to spend at least 90k for the options I would have add.
final official price here: 99k! I kept my deposit as I reasoned that probably 85k was referred to the i4, not the V6.. add more 5k, to my expectations!
final price I thought would have been 95k for FE v6? I said ok, it's not 4-5k€ that change my mind on this car. Furthermore, I'm not thinking at another car! I like the car, if I could afford it, I would buy it also for 200k! the problem is that the 100k barrier is my budget limit, if they will raise the price, unfortunately I must have to give up.

Hope my english was clear :)
I wish you are right and Lotus listen. 😜