No ADAS on First edition

Arsalan

Reaction score
I heard there is no ADAS features on V6FE. I am currently on track to get the v6 FE in Oct/Nov 2022. Should I push out my purchase or go ahead with FE this year?

Your thoughts about the ADAS features on Emira. are they worth the wait?

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you value it then wait for it. The only feature I would miss is blind spot monitoring. Having said that, I don’t have any of these in the Evora and I am totally fine without them.

2001f4s

Reaction score
I would like to have those features, and understood they would be included when I first put down a deposit. Albeit this was May 2021 in advance of the launch. Even without these features, I am still moving ahead with an FE.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
…and this is one small example of why Lotus is going to have it so hard. No Brand can please every buyer. :)

#ForTheImpossible

82FFCBA1-1047-4D26-9FDA-25C52B707528.png

Off The Shelf

Reaction score
Where did you hear this? The website says the following;

“Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) available on the Emira include adaptive cruise control, anti-collision system, fatigue alert, road sign information, vehicle speed limiter, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane change assist”

Off The Shelf

Reaction score
Oh man that sucks. Part of the sell for me was the bells and whistles of ADAS for comfort in everyday use.

I recently watched an EverydayDriver video '5 days in an Elise' where he was saying how touring in a car which has such massive amounts of power under the pedal gave him leg ache from keeping it in a certain position on the throttle and not changing for long periods of time. Cruise control is the key and was a massive part of my decision making process.

Does anybody know whether these things are able to be fitted when available or is it buried so deep into the electronics of the car that it's not an option to add at a later stage?

Can First Edition deposit holders opt for a later edition which has that package?

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh man that sucks. Part of the sell for me was the bells and whistles of ADAS for comfort in everyday use.

I recently watched an EverydayDriver video '5 days in an Elise' where he was saying how touring in a car which has such massive amounts of power under the pedal gave him leg ache from keeping it in a certain position on the throttle and not changing for long periods of time. Cruise control is the key and was a massive part of my decision making process.

Does anybody know whether these things are able to be fitted when available or is it buried so deep into the electronics of the car that it's not an option to add at a later stage?

Can First Edition deposit holders opt for a later edition which has that package?
My understanding is that it will have Cruise Control, just not adaptive?

r1lee

Reaction score
I'm ok with missing most of those features. Only one I'm a little disappointed on is the lane change assist, I find that to be very useful sometimes. I don't need to bother looking over my shoulder when I know there's a car already there.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm ok with missing most of those features. Only one I'm a little disappointed on is the lane change assist, I find that to be very useful sometimes. I don't need to bother looking over my shoulder when I know there's a car already there.
Lane change assist and blind spot warning are totally unrelated systems. You don't need advanced driver assist systems to have a blind spot detection sensor on the wing mirror. As far as I know, the Emira will have blind spot detection. I haven't seen anything to the contrary, and it's a standard safety feature on almost all new cars.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My understanding from discussions with Lotus was that V6 FE was never going to have ADAS but i4 was, was to whether that mean FE or Base I don't know

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've reached out to Lotus USA for clarification on the blind spot sensor. FYI that feature would never be part of ADAS, it's not an advanced system it's a simple proximity sensor tied directly to a light.

r1lee

Reaction score
Lane change assist and blind spot warning are totally unrelated systems. You don't need advanced driver assist systems to have a blind spot detection sensor on the wing mirror. As far as I know, the Emira will have blind spot detection. I haven't seen anything to the contrary, and it's a standard safety feature on almost all new cars.
oh yeah, you are right, had a brain fart this morning.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
At the same time I haven't seen anything that states it has it. It's not a government mandated feature and not all cars have it... example the 718 Spyder/GT4 does not even have it as an option. My Spyder had really bad blind spots.
I'll let you know if/when they reply. Seems weird to build a power folding, auto dimming side mirror system and not bother to put a cheap proximity sensor and a light in there. Particularly when they are going to the trouble to mount front and rear parking sensors on the car.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You don't have to have ADAS to have the lane change assist, however, that is part of the ADAS package and will not be included on the V6 FE'S.
This has been confirmed many times over the last several months. What is unclear is whether the I4 will have ADAS included.

Last edited: