Nitron Suspension Development

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am thinking of going Ohlins R&T. I love them on my Mini. Maybe TTX but don't love that your have to rebuild them so much more often.
Is rebuilding a real issue with these TTX dampers? I know that Öhlins reccomends it every once a while, but do these dampers differ in that regard to other performance dampers?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is rebuilding a real issue with these TTX dampers? I know that Öhlins reccomends it every once a while, but do these dampers differ in that regard to other performance dampers?
You will find most coil over companies have a rebuild price so if you have issues due to higher mileage for loads of track use they can be put back to original spec. Some brands need rebuilding more often than others and it’s hard to give a life span prediction just like the life of an engine.
A friend had Bilsteins on his M3 that leaked and needed rebuilding within 10k miles and I’ve heard of other owners having their coil overs for years without issue. Personally the VW Racing coil overs on my Scirocco R had poor condition threads after a couple of years due to road salt etc., where the KWs on my RS3 were in better condition after the same time period and usage.
I’m hoping the Nitrons don’t need to rebuilt after a couple of years because the labour alone to strip and rebuild is a lot.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for posting that Sonofemery, I didn’t even know they had made a video yet.
I can confirm it was dropped by 15mm all round.