Nitron Suspension Development

OP
kitkat

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds like we can look forward to lowering springs, single adjustable, triple adjustable, and their newly announced elec-tron adjustable damper systems.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m most excited for some mild 1” lowering springs to go with my sports suspension.
I need mor lo
XXJyMVw.jpg

Last edited:
OP
kitkat

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m most excited for some mild 1” lowering springs to go with my sports suspension.

Imagine lowering springs AND sport / touring damper settings at the press of a button.

(This is something Lotus should have had from the start.)

Last edited:

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds like we can look forward to lowering springs, single adjustable, triple adjustable, and their newly announced elec-tron adjustable damper systems.
That sounds very interesting... got any links to info about the elec-tron system? Apparently I suck at googling today.

OP
kitkat

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That sounds very interesting... got any links to info about the elec-tron system? Apparently I suck at googling today.
Unfortunately I don't, they announced them on November 11th, 2022 and showed them off at PRI in December at their booth, I asked them and they said they'd have literature on it "soon". They call them "semi-active" dampers -- so I'm guessing they're just electronically adjustable dampers and not an active system like you'd find with Tractive where it has a central compute unit with acceleration sensors.

OP
kitkat

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Probably be an Emira tuned version of these:

Nah, their elec-tron system is likely a monotube damper with a single electronically actuated spool valve. Comparable to say the Bilstein Damptronic systems. The R3 would be a manually adjustable system with height, compression, and rebound adjustment.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great to see this happening already

Ohlins next? They or one of their partners are already working with Lotus on the Emira GT4 race car.

It’ll be good to have several options.

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Unfortunately I don't, they announced them on November 11th, 2022 and showed them off at PRI in December at their booth, I asked them and they said they'd have literature on it "soon". They call them "semi-active" dampers -- so I'm guessing they're just electronically adjustable dampers and not an active system like you'd find with Tractive where it has a central compute unit with acceleration sensors.
I don't think I'd be able to justify forking out for expensive continuously-variable magics... but just being able to flip between 2 or 3 damper settings for different situations without getting under the car and fiddling with knobs would be pretty damn slick. I will be keeping an eye out for this, for when the modifications bug bites :)

alvitdk

Reaction score
That's great news, as the stance is the only major thing i do not find appealing on the Emira. Lowered my Porsche 981 by 1" and it made all the difference, at least visually. Also replaced my stock rear shock on the BMW bike with Nitron, the best suspension mod I ever made, great company to work with as well.

OP
kitkat

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't think I'd be able to justify forking out for expensive continuously-variable magics... but just being able to flip between 2 or 3 damper settings for different situations without getting under the car and fiddling with knobs would be pretty damn slick. I will be keeping an eye out for this, for when the modifications bug bites :)

Agreed!

If it were continuously variable like a Tractive setup, you'd expect similar or competitive pricing.
Back in 2020 I inquired with DSC Sport directly and you could expect the following:

$1,500 for the DSC controller
$6,200 for the Tractive Road and Track dampers, Swift springs, and upper/lower perches

• Useful
Reactions: ADC

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Agreed!

If it were continuously variable like a Tractive setup, you'd expect similar or competitive pricing.
Back in 2020 I inquired with DSC Sport directly and you could expect the following:

$1,500 for the DSC controller
$6,200 for the Tractive Road and Track dampers, Swift springs, and upper/lower perches
my wallet: ouch

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think Nitron actually offers some incredible performance for the money compared to other motorsport dampers.
I believe it. If I bought a 718, I’d drive straight to new German for some OHLINS. But electronically controlled witchcraft is too much money now and when they fail for me