Nimbus in the Dolomites

MikeR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nimbus in the Dolomites - pure driving pleasure in the perfect car.
IMG_7819.jpeg
IMG_8117.jpeg
IMG_7834.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
MikeR

MikeR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You've managed to keep it clean. We're recently back from a long weekend in Northern France and it's taken me almost a whole day to get it clean.
Needed a clean up in Germany, after France. Found an excellent new and well-maintained self-wash facility in Aichach near Augsberg. Didn't use the public brush, of course, brought my own wash mitts for that bit.
IMG_3639.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
MikeR

MikeR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've never seen anything like that since we had 5 star 100 for the rally cars in the late 70s and early 80s. Northern Switzerland or Germany?
Sindelfingen autobahn services south of Stuttgart. Pricey stuff!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how I missed this thread, but nice shots @MikeR - I've always wanted to do a Dolomites tour with an exotic car. I've been lucky enough to visit northern Italy 3 times, but never made it to the Dolomites (except seeing them from the plane). You should link up with Elisa Artioli (the Lotus Elise was named after her!). She runs a program called Delightful Driving through that area. It's on my bucket list for sure!!

OP
MikeR

MikeR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't know how I missed this thread, but nice shots @MikeR - I've always wanted to do a Dolomites tour with an exotic car. I've been lucky enough to visit northern Italy 3 times, but never made it to the Dolomites (except seeing them from the plane). You should link up with Elisa Artioli (the Lotus Elise was named after her!). She runs a program called Delightful Driving through that area. It's on my bucket list for sure!!
My trip was based on a couple of (Italian) Auto Class magazine provided assets:

‘Il Giro Delle Dolomiti’ road book
‘Drive Italy’ (110 pages, 47 defined routes, in Italy’s mountains, panoramas and islands, 3 in the Dolomites)

www.autoclassmagazine.com
IMG_8177.jpeg

Last edited:

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've never seen anything like that since we had 5 star 100 for the rally cars in the late 70s and early 80s. Northern Switzerland or Germany?
Basically all Aral and Shell stations offer 102 octane and they’re pretty widespread in Germany. But pricey indeed.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Basically all Aral and Shell stations offer 102 octane and they’re pretty widespread in Germany. But pricey indeed.
I wish we had that down under! Does it have any noticeable effect on fuel economy or power?

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wish we had that down under! Does it have any noticeable effect on fuel economy or power?
Have no hard measured facts, but last time I used it it at least felt lile it got a little more power on the top end… might be entirely biased tho.
There are loads of tests comparing different fuel types. Generally I wouldn’t expect too much of a gain without a specific tune, even though ECMs are well capable of adjusting themselves nowadays