• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Enough of these glamorous studio shots showing the many shades of Nimbus, here's it's natural environment, a cold wet dull day on the school run 🙄

View attachment 24463
And here facing the elements!
IMG_7737.jpeg

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Enough of these glamorous studio shots showing the many shades of Nimbus, here's it's natural environment, a cold wet dull day on the school run 🙄

View attachment 24463
Gorgeous! I'm awaiting my Nimbus here in the US. Do you plan to get those side windows tinted to at least somewhat match the back side window panel? IMO it would look so much better and more cohesive with side tint. I think with the black pack and privacy glass it really needs it but I have yet to see anyone do it. Is dark tint not legal in the UK?

EDIT: I think I answered my own question below. If this is right, how painful. 75% tint is basically no tint :(

Vehicles First Used Since the 1st of April 1985​

The glass used for the front windscreen must let through at least 75% of light on vehicles first used on, or after, the 1st of April 1985. Similarly, the two front side windows must let through at least 70% of light.

SECOND EDIT (Don't feel like working right now):

Quick and dirty mock-up:

Attachments

• tint_example.jpg
    tint_example.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 84
  • tinted_example.jpg
    tinted_example.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Gorgeous! I'm awaiting my Nimbus here in the US. Do you plan to get those side windows tinted to at least somewhat match the back side window panel? IMO it would look so much better and more cohesive with side tint. I think with the black pack and privacy glass it really needs it but I have yet to see anyone do it. Is dark tint not legal in the UK?

EDIT: I think I answered my own question below. If this is right, how painful. 75% tint is basically no tint :(

Vehicles First Used Since the 1st of April 1985​

The glass used for the front windscreen must let through at least 75% of light on vehicles first used on, or after, the 1st of April 1985. Similarly, the two front side windows must let through at least 70% of light.

SECOND EDIT (Don't feel like working right now):

Quick and dirty mock-up:
No not legal in the UK, how odd the rear tints look depends on lighting and the angle you're looking at the car. Tbh got used to seeing them now

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Citizen I was just doing some playing around with Gimp (since I plan on tinting my Emira windows once it comes and it's the same space as yours) and thought you might be interested in a preview of what yours might look like with tint. Personally, I think it looks amazing and kind of flows with the rear glass and black trim.

Attachments

• dubai_tinted.jpeg
    dubai_tinted.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 20C54755-4174-44B0-96E3-0A9D574585B3.jpeg
    20C54755-4174-44B0-96E3-0A9D574585B3.jpeg
    422.7 KB · Views: 120

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Citizen I was just doing some playing around with Gimp (since I plan on tinting my Emira windows once it comes and it's the same space as yours) and thought you might be interested in a preview of what yours might look like with tint. Personally, I think it looks amazing and kind of flows with the rear glass and black trim.

I dont like tint windows in this car , I love how tan leather shows up outside

And here in dubai is a must , to protect heat interior from the sun , but I don’t like it 😅

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
After 2 months and 12 days of waiting for license plates it finally arrived, so far really enjoying it and will write up in a few days, got pulled over 700m from the dealer lol (general check ahah)

Attachments

• BDD6EF18-F400-4757-A1ED-942EF45FD6A4.jpeg
    BDD6EF18-F400-4757-A1ED-942EF45FD6A4.jpeg
    535 KB · Views: 179
  • D6D32D4F-312C-44B6-90AA-A2DD77FF569F.jpeg
    D6D32D4F-312C-44B6-90AA-A2DD77FF569F.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 181
  • AF857562-AB33-43DE-BA5E-015CBD67B9B7.jpeg
    AF857562-AB33-43DE-BA5E-015CBD67B9B7.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 182

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The Beauty & The Beast, my brothers girlfriend and mine think the Emira looks better (idk I don’t get it but it sure is one of the best looking cars I’ve owned and driven (when it comes to engagement) IMO)

Attachments

• 3E77D810-DCE9-4F34-8C36-E62DB1CE141C.jpeg
    3E77D810-DCE9-4F34-8C36-E62DB1CE141C.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 178

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Beauty & The Beast, my brothers girlfriend and mine think the Emira looks better (idk I don’t get it but it sure is one of the best looking cars I’ve owned and driven (when it comes to engagement) IMO)
I'm admittedly biased like everyone on this forum probably is but I truly think the Emira is more stunning than that Lambo. I have to say though I LOVE your garage. It's so epic.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dont like tint windows in this car , I love how tan leather shows up outside

And here in dubai is a must , to protect heat interior from the sun , but I don’t like it 😅
I agree the tan looks fantastic with Nimbus and obviously I love your spec but I think the tint looks great :) I'll be doing 35% (legal limit) here in NC most likely. More pics when you can!!! :)

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks awesome. Any new insights you can share on the auto transmission?
Very early days, only 500kms, and low revs.

Definitely can confirm the software managing the gear shift has improved from Evora.
Faster and smoother.
I will continue posting pictures in this thread, and give my driving impressions in other thread after run in, one week from now hopefully.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In a previous post it was mentioned how complex this nimbus paint is. Do you worry that if you have a scratch or need a panel resprayed, how would you deal with that? I read about a HY car that needed a small section repainted… but that’s a “flat” colour.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In a previous post it was mentioned how complex this nimbus paint is. Do you worry that if you have a scratch or need a panel resprayed, how would you deal with that? I read about a HY car that needed a small section repainted… but that’s a “flat” colour.
I did Full PPF plus ceramic coating. Hopefully will help with minor scratches.
if needed a respray, I hope Lotus will supply the accurate formulation for every color.