Emira Fan
Reaction score
I tried to register a personal plate: EM1R4….but wasn’t allowed :-(

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just discovered this thread and it's everything I hoped for. This is exactly the set of mods that I may be doing to my own Emira if/when it ever comes. It's really good to see this process worked through on the thread to a great result.

How has it been since getting it home? Enjoying it? How is the suspension now that you have some miles on it? Did you end up raising the front slightly to compensate for the new springs settling?

OP
H

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi @hagen111
Please could you elaborate on what the solution was to this challenge?
Cheers
The mechanic/wizzard soldered a resistor in the cable loom, erased the faultcode and did not see them coming back. Fingers crossed...the story in short, probably a bit more come to it...as in evening hours to work out a mod. VDK in the Netherland did the work.

OP
H

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just discovered this thread and it's everything I hoped for. This is exactly the set of mods that I may be doing to my own Emira if/when it ever comes. It's really good to see this process worked through on the thread to a great result.

How has it been since getting it home? Enjoying it? How is the suspension now that you have some miles on it? Did you end up raising the front slightly to compensate for the new springs settling?
Well...it's taken me till this week to get the registration finished and the plates for the car :-( Still need to pick up the papers and plates as I am not around at the moment. My passport expired and had to wait for renewal before they would issue the registration and plates. Anyway...another step taken. I plan to be there in September and go for many spins...hoping the snow will stay out...except it started falling last weekend, finishing off a heatwave during the week before. Crazy!

Vuelta was passing Monday and Tuesday...to give you a hint on where the car lives. I actually build the car after driving Coll de Ordino last year, which is an amazing 'track' near my house.

And thanks for your nice comment, really appreciate it! Hope we meet one day!

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well...it's taken me till this week to get the registration finished and the plates for the car :-( Still need to pick up the papers and plates as I am not around at the moment. My passport expired and had to wait for renewal before they would issue the registration and plates. Anyway...another step taken. I plan to be there in September and go for many spins...hoping the snow will stay out...except it started falling last weekend, finishing off a heatwave during the week before. Crazy!

Vuelta was passing Monday and Tuesday...to give you a hint on where the car lives. I actually build the car after driving Coll de Ordino last year, which is an amazing 'track' near my house.

And thanks for your nice comment, really appreciate it! Hope we meet one day!
Awesome! Yes I gathered that you live in NL but have a house in Andorra. What a great place to have your "getaway", you're doing it right. 😃

Good luck with the car and I hope you get to have some great time with it before the weather turns fully cold! I'm sure they get some nasty weather in the Pyrenees in winter.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
FYI, pulled up some images of the Ordino region online... what a great area.

202107_ANDORRA_Colibri_Ctra_dels_Cortals_d'Encamp_001.jpg

202107_ANDORRA_Colibri_Ctra_dels_Cortals_d'Encamp_018.jpg

202107_ANDORRA_Colibri_Ctra_dels_Cortals_d'Encamp_023.jpg

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can't mix numbers and letters in the 5 positions plate. Needs to be 3 letters in a row and 2 numbers grouped together.
Unfortunate that following the letter of the law
won't allow the number you want.

OP
H

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Finally got the time to mount the plates yesterday. And off we where...

First impression! What a good car! Love the engine sound, it sounds like a turbine in the back. Love its midrange around 3-4k rpm, it's smooth and fast, flies through the gears. Absolutely love the shifting, it's a 100x improvement over my V6 Exige. Absolutely love its 'click clack' nature and how easy it is to click and downshift to 2nd before hairpins. Overall lovely driving car, nimble, smooth, fun to drive.

Seats; not yet where they need to be, too high, and too far forward leaning. So I am going to look into this, considering switching to the Tillett B10 XL's.

Nitron - lovely ride, need some further tuning. Car sits just too low by 5 mms. They also feel a bit to soft in the front, need to bump them up a bit.

Attention: people love it, it's such a beautiful car that attracts a lot of positive attention!

53242958764_1860df562e_b.jpg

53241714322_457ba44842_b.jpg

53242594336_ec737d3f4e_b.jpg

OP
H

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Washed the car yesterday as it had collected some dust sitting in the garage waiting for its plates...

Then you realise how amazing its lines are! Unlike any other car I have owned.

53242962339_8057dc3851_b.jpg

EFE

Reaction score
Finally got the time to mount the plates yesterday. And off we where...

First impression! What a good car! Love the engine sound, it sounds like a turbine in the back. Love its midrange around 3-4k rpm, it's smooth and fast, flies through the gears. Absolutely love the shifting, it's a 100x improvement over my V6 Exige. Absolutely love its 'click clack' nature and how easy it is to click and downshift to 2nd before hairpins. Overall lovely driving car, nimble, smooth, fun to drive.

Seats; not yet where they need to be, too high, and too far forward leaning. So I am going to look into this, considering switching to the Tillett B10 XL's.

Nitron - lovely ride, need some further tuning. Car sits just too low by 5 mms. They also feel a bit to soft in the front, need to bump them up a bit.

Attention: people love it, it's such a beautiful car that attracts a lot of positive attention!

53242958764_1860df562e_b.jpg

53241714322_457ba44842_b.jpg

53242594336_ec737d3f4e_b.jpg
I am also considering the Tillett B10 but am concerned about fault codes. Would be good if Tillett had a "plug in" fix. If you go with Tillett let us know how you get on

OP
H

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does life get any better.... Such amazing looks, lots of positive attention, and I love driving it! For me this car is an absolute steal for what you get! It was made for this country!!!

IMG_8904.jpeg
IMG_8991.jpeg