New Reservation in New Jersey, USA

adefeatedman

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just placed my reservation last week for an Emira. I won't be getting a FE, but that is fine by me. This is a car I will be driving daily, weather permitting. Tentatively, the car will be a V6/Manual in Dark Verdant/Tan interior and the Tour chassis.

This is going to be a special car for me. For one, this is my first expensive car I've bought for myself. Before this, the most I've paid for a car has been my current Jeep which cost me about half as much as I'll be paying for the Emira. Second, and more importantly, I lost my mother last year to a very short battle with cancer (she had a bad reaction to her first dose of chemo and passed within 24 hours). Her name was Amira.

By the time this car arrives, I'll no longer need to drop off my kids at school in the morning so no need to drive around my Jeep all week. So I am patiently waiting as I would be unable to use it much until then. In additional to my Jeep daily driver I currently own a UK import Land Rover Defender 110 and a 2002 Chevrolet Camaro which was my first car that I have owned for 20 years. The car is set up for autocross/road course duties so over this winter, I'll likely be detuning that car to make it more of a cruiser and giving those duties to the Lotus.

I'm looking forward to learning more until taking delivery. Thank you, Jacob.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just placed my reservation last week for an Emira. I won't be getting a FE, but that is fine by me. This is a car I will be driving daily, weather permitting. Tentatively, the car will be a V6/Manual in Dark Verdant/Tan interior and the Tour chassis.

This is going to be a special car for me. For one, this is my first expensive car I've bought for myself. Before this, the most I've paid for a car has been my current Jeep which cost me about half as much as I'll be paying for the Emira. Second, and more importantly, I lost my mother last year to a very short battle with cancer (she had a bad reaction to her first dose of chemo and passed within 24 hours). Her name was Amira.

By the time this car arrives, I'll no longer need to drop off my kids at school in the morning so no need to drive around my Jeep all week. So I am patiently waiting as I would be unable to use it much until then. In additional to my Jeep daily driver I currently own a UK import Land Rover Defender 110 and a 2002 Chevrolet Camaro which was my first car that I have owned for 20 years. The car is set up for autocross/road course duties so over this winter, I'll likely be detuning that car to make it more of a cruiser and giving those duties to the Lotus.

SO sorry to hear about your mom, that is a day I am absolutely not looking forward to, even though she is starting to suffer with dementia, I would still rather go before her if I am honest.
A beautiful name..... truly beautiful., never heard it before.

Now normally Im slightly sarcastic, but you've stumped me a bit.... however, you have to give it a go dont you...

So, to quote you, "By the time you get this car"..... you wont need to drop the kids off at school no, they will be dropping you off at the day care centre.
Also dont worry about the cost of the car being twice that of the Jeep, but the time you get it, you will be able to use your golden handshake / pension lump sum..... 65 years of life savings ... to pay for it.
Then and only then will you be truly disappointed with it.... No, just kidding, you will love it... and I hope you keep it for many a year!
I had a defender (90 of course as I am cool), a Bowler version...(even cooler) but what a pig...(not me...well... more the car) to drive

WELCOME...and get prepared for a lengthy wait....

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Jacob! Sorry about your mom. I lost my dad in February and the Emira and this forum has been a helpful distraction through everything. He loved British sportscars and I had hoped he'd be able to ride along with me in my new Lotus. In some ways I suppose he still will.

Which dealer in NJ did you make your deposit with? I made my original deposit in July 2021 with Summit and spec ordered last March. Hopefully mine will arrive some day....

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Welcome Jacob, sorry about Mom, I lost my Mom to cancer as well, now you have your personalized tag "AMIRA" I was a Chevy guy as well from 1979 to 1997, owned 5 Z28, Corvair and Corvette until I met my wife who got me into import cars. I put my deposit in August so our cars should arrive around the same time...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum Jacob, congratulations on the deposit and so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum.

It's 15 years since my dad died, in a similarly short timeframe from diagnosis (but not cancer). Although they're gone, our parents have usually been such big influences in our lives that they live on in us in so many ways. My dad sparked my interest in cars. He was a quiet but very insightful person, so in tricky work situations I often ask myself how he might have approached it. His trips to the kitchen in search of cake was a weakness passed on to me and also my daughters - I see a lot of him in my eldest.

How great to be able to honour your mum with a car (almost) bearing her name. I hope the car, when it eventually arrives, brings you miles of smiles and is a frequent prompt of happy memories of her.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
“By the time I get this car I will no longer have to drop my kids at school.”
“How old are your kids?”
“3 and 1 1/2.”

KaizokuCoder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome. I have ordered Dark Verdant, as well. Sorry to hear about your mother. Best of luck with your purchase.

OP
A

adefeatedman

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I was awfully close to my mother. This will be a great tribute to her.

@VL3X I also ordered from Summit. I believe it is the closest dealer to me without going into NYC. I didn't go in, I simply called and did the transaction over the telephone and signed via email. I was told 12-18 months to expect delivery but seeing a lot of posts on the cancellation thread makes me think it might be sooner. I'm looking forward to the US tour hitting NJ so we can see them in person and get a better visual on colors and the like.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi Jacob, My deepest condolences for the loss of your mum. I lost my mum as well a few years ago (we were also very close). I hope you create some very special memories in your future Emira in tribute of your dear mother.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your Mom, that's always hard.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I was awfully close to my mother. This will be a great tribute to her.

@VL3X I also ordered from Summit. I believe it is the closest dealer to me without going into NYC. I didn't go in, I simply called and did the transaction over the telephone and signed via email. I was told 12-18 months to expect delivery but seeing a lot of posts on the cancellation thread makes me think it might be sooner. I'm looking forward to the US tour hitting NJ so we can see them in person and get a better visual on colors and the like.

Summit actually had their Emira demo 2 weeks ago! I was there and test drove a Nimbus Grey one. It was invite only for those who had orders or deposits in. Hopefully the actual US spec dealer demos will arrive next spring along with the first few customer orders.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Dealer demos were always part of the dealers first order batch so not likely to show before April unless they build those first in Jan and put them on a boat before the other 700 are built.

OP
A

adefeatedman

Reaction score
Oh rats I just missed the demo. Either way, I'm number 156 for the regular, non-FE cars so perhaps soon enough.

I appreciate everyone's kind words and warm welcomes. I have a few uncertainties about how I'm going to build it so I will be lurking for those answers.

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
Oh rats I just missed the demo. Either way, I'm number 156 for the regular, non-FE cars so perhaps soon enough.

I appreciate everyone's kind words and warm welcomes. I have a few uncertainties about how I'm going to build it so I will be lurking for those answers.
Did your dealer tell you that you wouldn’t get an FE? I don’t think there is a configuration for base yet so your code would be an FE code. Don’t think the dealers have their allocation numbers yet either.

OP
A

adefeatedman

Reaction score
Did your dealer tell you that you wouldn’t get an FE? I don’t think there is a configuration for base yet so your code would be an FE code. Don’t think the dealers have their allocation numbers yet either.
Yes, I was told the FE order books are closed and that the base allocations are what we are receiving. You are right about using an FE code but I'm told it will just be an estimate for Lotus to get an idea of what our build will be like on the main items.