• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New member with actual Emira

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Is Komo-Tech an authorized Lotus dealership? I thought they were just tuners

So technically he's not the owner yet 😛 :ROFLMAO:

I think they are an authorized Lotus service provider, aftermarket tuner, and race shop (they bought the first 2 Emira GT4s).

*Unrelated... wondering if you're aware you signature image is just an imgur error?

Screenshot 2022-10-18 105111.jpg

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How? Would love to get colored belts when mine arrives
You have to unbolt the seatbelt assembly and send them out for re-webbing. (or order a spare set of belts from lotus) Google “seat belt reweb” and there are a few vendors. Good winter project!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is the plastic seat wrap part of the optional Protect Pack? you're braver than me (or just cleaner 😁 ) if you unwrap those ice-white seats and actually sit on them :)

schorsch

Reaction score
I think they are an authorized Lotus service provider, aftermarket tuner, and race shop (they bought the first 2 Emira GT4s).

*Unrelated... wondering if you're aware you signature image is just an imgur error?

View attachment 9890
Komotec is a Lotus dealer. The name of the dealership is „Lotus am Ring“ (a tribute to the Nürburgring which is nearby).

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Komotec is a Lotus dealer. The name of the dealership is „Lotus am Ring“ (a tribute to the Nürburgring which is nearby).

Wow, good to know! So since they are an official dealer and authorized tuner, do their tunes and aftermarket modifications still void the Lotus factory warranty?

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 9890
That's an unusual combo, when you say service provider, do you also mean authorized Dealership? usually authorized dealerships don't like tuning, it brings too many problems, specially warranty related...

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Alas, almost certainly will bust warranty.
Lotus have gone to a LOT of Trouble Unusually So in order to calm the mechanicals down for longevity. No way they will hold the warranty for performance mods to the engine anyway.

MIght have to wait a couple of years and trade in for the GT version if it comes out.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow, good to know! So since they are an official dealer and authorized tuner, do their tunes and aftermarket modifications still void the Lotus factory warranty?
Yes. They provide their own warranties for their upgrade packages. They are quite prescriptive - for example you can’t do some of their Evora engine upgrades without replacing the glass rear engine hatch with a louvred version for better heat dissipation.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You have to unbolt the seatbelt assembly and send them out for re-webbing. (or order a spare set of belts from lotus) Google “seat belt reweb” and there are a few vendors. Good winter project!
I’d love to know how easy or hard this is. Definitely need to lift the dark gloom in the cabin with some yellow belts

schorsch

Reaction score
Yes. Warranty will be gone. I did ask that exact question 2 weeks ago when I visited Komotec to service my Evora.

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That's an unusual combo, when you say service provider, do you also mean authorized Dealership? usually authorized dealerships don't like tuning, it brings too many problems, specially warranty related...
Bell and Colvill (authorised dealer) put a turbo on the Esprit before the factory did, I don’t know if reliability suffered.

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. They provide their own warranties for their upgrade packages. They are quite prescriptive - for example you can’t do some of their Evora engine upgrades without replacing the glass rear engine hatch with a louvred version for better heat dissipation.

Looking forward to a carbon/louvered Emira pack!

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’d love to know how easy or hard this is. Definitely need to lift the dark gloom in the cabin with some yellow belts
Depends on the car, as to difficulty. I rewebbed my black belts to red in my 991.1 GTS and replaced front and back. Definitely time consuming as many parts needed to come out and you'll also want to disconnect the battery so your airbag doesn't go off.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Where are the interior photos of this Emira ? Want to see more of this interior please !!

OP
ott

ott

Reaction score
Hi again !

First trip in my Emira is done and I can share my impressions and thoughts. As we are all different then for the context bit about me. I'm 53 y. petrolhead, owned many enthusiast cars from every possible category and toured in them all over the Europe and UK. So I know well British b-roads. ;) I'm acitve trackday goer, done these for over 20 years and also have raced in Baltics and German VLN, incl 2x24 hrs on Nürburgring. Did reasonably well. :)

Like said in my first post, mainly I will compare Emira to 4.0 Boxster GTS which we have in family since '21 June and have done 16 k. km in it. By numbers GTS and Emira are almoust identical, but actually they are enough different, so its easy to make choice based on individual preferences.

Handover, Friday morning in Mendig and its raining heavily:

IMG_5574.JPG

Handover was done professinally, I was explained all functions, displays and etc. Everything is easy to understand and use, no issues at all to get familiar in 15 minutes.

IMG_5741.JPG

About buttons on steering wheel. Left side controls cruise and right is for all other functions. Although they can be pressed, it is much more convinient to slide a finger on direction of arrows, they work also as touchpad. All except radio volume slider works well, as its too tiny for exact adjustment. For volume is better to use knob on central tunnel.

What is bit strange, once you have a phone connected, carplay will start as soon as you open the door and music will play from phone immideatly. My other cars it requires to start engine first. During all the trip there was no issues with displays and media, all worked well. Didn't use navigation as I prefer waze.

Second strange thing I noticed is related to cruise control. It works well, but if you set a speed it keeps GPS, not speedo reading. For example I set it on 135 kmh, speedo was showing 140 and waze was indicating 135. Never seen that before. These are not a problems of course.

IMG_5583.JPG

After handover was finshed, car was driven out and off I go to south towards Schwartzwald.

IMG_5590.JPG

Biblical rain, autobahn, trucks, crazy Germans doing 150+ kmh on left lane, new car, new tyres, still looking for convinient driving position and windshield wipers work only on interval position. Not ideal ! Fortunately it was fastest interval so somehow managed. After I stopped at petrol station and shut off the car, wipers started to work normally. Happened once again during the trip. Will be investigated why ?

This is part 1, will continiue.

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh my goodness, that really is a classy spec. :love:

How brave of you to collect your brand new car in such miserable weather! I would have asked for handover to be deferred!