new member from NSX community

OP
LotusFan

LotusFan

Reaction score
Another NSX owner here- 16k mile mint 2005. Probably will sell when I get the Emira.

Wow, that's beautiful. Super rare and perfect condition (perfection!).

Last edited:
OP
LotusFan

LotusFan

Reaction score

Attachments

• lotus 91-nsx.jpg
    lotus 91-nsx.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
An EMIRA FE i4 AMG Dark Verdant body, Tan interior, Silver wheels upcoming owner in waiting. Live in Japan, but never owned an NSX which I love and respect, both the first and second version. Here is one great sample of the New NSX I shot a picture of in my Tokyo neighborhood recently. It is worth noticing that this New NSX is designed and manufactured in the USA, and that it is considered an imported car here in Japan. The price is at a similar level as entry Ferraris.

However, in style, I think the Emira (at half the price) at least matches the style of the NSX. As a sports car enthusiast I love them both.

Attachments

• 412A2EDE-3FFF-46C8-B64F-F442D904BFAC.jpeg
    412A2EDE-3FFF-46C8-B64F-F442D904BFAC.jpeg
    298.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DD485F90-1C0F-45C0-BF5D-53E8A23FE48F.jpeg
    DD485F90-1C0F-45C0-BF5D-53E8A23FE48F.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 69

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Awesome all the cars! I’m coming from civic eg, s2000 , accord type r, and I was pointing to have my dream car , the nsx na2, but the emira was announced and I got seduced by the idea of a new car , lotus brand (my 2nd favourite brand behind Honda ) , 400cv , rear traction , manual …. and I was like ok, let’s think about this choice of the emira … and here we are , hopefully in 2-3 months I will have one in my garage

KusaKusa

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! TheSmokingTire has said that the Lotus Evora is the modern car most like the past NSX in being an engaging and linear mid engined car. So hopefully that bodes well for liking the Emira.

I think people harp on the current gen NSX too much. It has insane presence in person. It's super low and really attractive. I actually saw a Type S when I was out a couple months ago and it made my week. And Honda seemed ahead of the curve making their supercar a hybrid. Now everyone has a hybrid supercar as their top performer.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Adored the NSX ever since!

Grew up with Honda Civics and Accords. Back in the Eighties quite unusual in Germany I would say. My first car in 1999 was a Honda CRX Vtec (EE8) and then a Civic Vtec (EG6). Little sensational cars. No torque but then, when Vtec kicked in at 5300rpm it was pure racing feel!

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @LotusFan 🍻 It's great to see so many previous NSX owners on here. I always thought it would be neat to own one, but could never find a good enough deal. I spent many hours reading NSXPrime.com back in the day!

OP
LotusFan

LotusFan

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @LotusFan 🍻 It's great to see so many previous NSX owners on here. I always thought it would be neat to own one, but could never find a good enough deal. I spent many hours reading NSXPrime.com back in the day!

Thank you! The overlap between Lotus and NSX is really neat to see. It really feels right at home here!

OP
LotusFan

LotusFan

Reaction score
An EMIRA FE i4 AMG Dark Verdant body, Tan interior, Silver wheels upcoming owner in waiting. Live in Japan, but never owned an NSX which I love and respect, both the first and second version. Here is one great sample of the New NSX I shot a picture of in my Tokyo neighborhood recently. It is worth noticing that this New NSX is designed and manufactured in the USA, and that it is considered an imported car here in Japan. The price is at a similar level as entry Ferraris.

However, in style, I think the Emira (at half the price) at least matches the style of the NSX. As a sports car enthusiast I love them both.
I am super excited to see photos of NSXs (both old and new) and Emira side by side. If I am so lucky to have one sooner rather than later, I will definitely be posting side by side photos.

OP
LotusFan

LotusFan

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! TheSmokingTire has said that the Lotus Evora is the modern car most like the past NSX in being an engaging and linear mid engined car. So hopefully that bodes well for liking the Emira.

I think people harp on the current gen NSX too much. It has insane presence in person. It's super low and really attractive. I actually saw a Type S when I was out a couple months ago and it made my week. And Honda seemed ahead of the curve making their supercar a hybrid. Now everyone has a hybrid supercar as their top performer.
I loved the SmokingTire's reviews of the Evora, and of the new NSX. Matt is a riot and he loves the NSX and the Evora. It's a joy just to watch his videos.

Johnnguyenvincent

Reaction score
It's crazy how many nsx owners are interested in the NSX. I have a 1995 and it's a blast to drive. Admitted more fun to drive than the Lotus Emira from my experience. Better shifter and higher red line makes it more engaging. The NA1s have pretty long gears though but I love removing the targa and hearing that induction noise.

I drove the Emira for like 30 minutes and the steering feels better than the nsx, feels more planted and capable (sport suspension and cup 2s). Also surprisingly more comfortable lol. I am hoping changing the exhaust will give the Emira what it needs. The Emira's powertrain just does not stir my emotions. I guess its lust at first sight. My nsx is stock for the most part minus a pride v2 exhaust.

My cars timeline: 1998 civic, 2006 s2000, 2015 wrx, 2015 tesla model s performance, 1995 nsx.

made a quick video. Im from California

Last edited:

d15b7

Reaction score
Funny story - back in 1993 I took my ‘85 Turbo Esprit (red/tan with 13k miles on it) to the dealer to test drive a ‘91 NSX that they had just taken in trade. They tossed me the keys and said bring it back later! I drove it all over the local area. It was hands down a ‘better’ car than my Turbo Esprit in pretty much every arena. I brought it back and talked to the GM and told him ‘no thanks’. He was curious why? I told him flat out that the Turbo Esprit just had more presence and Soul and ‘specialness’ to it. I kept the Turbo for another year and then traded it for a Lotus Super Seven (which I slowly turned into a full race car and still to this day own and race it at vintage races up and down the east coast).

I really did like the NSX, but it was a more everyday driver sports car, and the Turbo was more of a super rare hardly ever seen supercar once in a while drive it experience. (And boy o boy did it need frequent expensive services. Those C services were a killer lol).

Can’t wait to get into an Emira, but very glad for its Toyota powertrain!!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I have always been an NSX fan. Would love to have one. I watched this video on youtube, not just a good NSX video but a great car enthusiast video. It's long, when you get some time check it out.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Update: New-gen NSXs are coming down in price, enough so that they (2017 - 2019s) are within $15 - $20k of a new Emira. I have still yet to drive either but based upon the countless reviews I've read, the NSX is a rocket ship that can also be a silent but deadly submarine in its "silent" mode. McLaren GTs are also coming down in price, but few people would say they are as reliable as an NSX. Faster? Yes, but that's just one piece of the puzzle.