new member from NSX community

LotusFan

Reaction score
Hello, I recently put a deposit down on an Emira in the US, and have been addicted to consuming Emira content ever since. As a lover of mid-engine sports cars, the Lotus cars always intrigued me. The Emira's design language, great interior, and engine / manual transmission is particularly attractive to me.

I love all sports cars, and love what Lotus is doing with the Emira. I can't wait to have side by side photos of the Emira next to my NSXs in the future. Thank you Lotus for designing such a captivating vehicle for sports car lovers!

PS - thank you Tom for inviting me over here!

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome fellow NSXer. I had a 91 and sold it right before the market went crazy and have regretted selling it more than any other car (not only for money reasons).
The Emira reminded me of the NSX when saw it which is why I want one. Was really disappointed in the 'new' NSX. Had already planned to buy one until I saw it.

OP
LotusFan

LotusFan

Reaction score
Welcome fellow NSXer. I had a 91 and sold it right before the market went crazy and have regretted selling it more than any other car (not only for money reasons).
The Emira reminded me of the NSX when saw it which is why I want one. Was really disappointed in the 'new' NSX. Had already planned to buy one until I saw it.
I have owned na1 and na2, 2017 and 202. The new NSX was initially a huge disappointment to me, even seeing one in person pre-production at a NSXPO event where NSX owners weren't even allowed to sit in it.

My mind changed once I saw a beautiful pearl white and was able to demo test drive a 2017. I have owned the new gen for 5 years and love it more every single day.

I now have a type S and just can't say enough amazing things about it. These cars don't photograph particular well, but are just amazing in person.

If you can get a new NSX in the future, do so as you won't be disappointed. The Emira is a perfect companion car to the NSX.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Huge fan of the original NSX, although I was never able to get one because, well, I wasn't making enough money at the time. The Emira is, in part, satisfying that same desire to own a car that is built with a focus on driving enjoyment.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I actually saw one when they first came out at the dealer. They were rude to me and wouldnt let me sit in it...much less drive it...even after I told them I had just sold my 91. They must've thought I was lying since I drove up in my 20 year old truck.
I think I dont like them for their hybrid drivetrain and not a huge fan of the look from the original. Have heard they're actually great cars, just not for me I dont think.
Would love to see comparison photos of the Emira next to the NSXs.

OP
LotusFan

LotusFan

Reaction score
I actually saw one when they first came out at the dealer. They were rude to me and wouldnt let me sit in it...much less drive it...even after I told them I had just sold my 91. They must've thought I was lying since I drove up in my 20 year old truck.
I think I dont like them for their hybrid drivetrain and not a huge fan of the look from the original. Have heard they're actually great cars, just not for me I dont think.
Would love to see comparison photos of the Emira next to the NSXs.
I'm very sorry to hear that. I think Acura missed the mark when they snubbed the original NSX owners with the introduction of this car. It turns out the vast majority of new NSX owners have owned an original.

I was very turned off when they wouldn't let us sit in the car with a pre-production model, but didn't let that get in the way of the enjoyment of the cars I have. Life is short and enjoyment of the cars are what's important.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have owned na1 and na2, 2017 and 202. The new NSX was initially a huge disappointment to me, even seeing one in person pre-production at a NSXPO event where NSX owners weren't even allowed to sit in it.

My mind changed once I saw a beautiful pearl white and was able to demo test drive a 2017. I have owned the new gen for 5 years and love it more every single day.

I now have a type S and just can't say enough amazing things about it. These cars don't photograph particular well, but are just amazing in person.

If you can get a new NSX in the future, do so as you won't be disappointed. The Emira is a perfect companion car to the NSX.
I love the changes Acura made for the Type S - lucky you to pick up one of the few that will be produced. I've yet to see one in person - care to share any pics?

OP
LotusFan

LotusFan

Reaction score
I love the changes Acura made for the Type S - lucky you to pick up one of the few that will be produced. I've yet to see one in person - care to share any pics?
I must confess I am not the greatest photographer, and I am usually too busy driving my cars instead of taking photos. Here is a single photo that I took recently that I liked quite a bit.

Attachments

• lotus nsx-type-s.jpg
    lotus nsx-type-s.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 152

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome across for the “other side” Frank. Great to have you here, with an interesting car history and enthusiasm for the Emira. You’ll fit right in!

KaizokuCoder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome! have a '91 NSX I've owned for over 20 years. My plan is to sell my NSX once I have my Emira in hand. It's such a great car, I haven't wanted to let it go, but I hope the Emria is a kindred spirit.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with you purchase and experience.

OP
LotusFan

LotusFan

Reaction score
Welcome across for the “other side” Frank. Great to have you here, with an interesting car history and enthusiasm for the Emira. You’ll fit right in!
Thank you Tom, for the warm welcome and the treasure trove of knowledge and information here!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I've loved the NSX and had the opportunity to drive one with a Comptech supercharger at one of our local car meets back in the early 2000s. I'll never forget that intoxicating sound of the engine revving and breathing behind me. One of the many things that attracted me to the Lotus cars.

Nymare

Reaction score
Welcome !

I had a silver 2005 NSX, that I sold a few years ago.....still kicking myself for doing it now. At the time, it had a electrical problem that never could be solved at the dealer, so I sold it.

Your Type S is stunning. But gotta remember that the 10 commandments says do not covet your neighbor 😊

Hopefully the Emira will make me miss the NSX less.

Cheers

OP
LotusFan

LotusFan

Reaction score
Welcome !

I had a silver 2005 NSX, that I sold a few years ago.....still kicking myself for doing it now. At the time, it had a electrical problem that never could be solved at the dealer, so I sold it.

Your Type S is stunning. But gotta remember that the 10 commandments says do not covet your neighbor 😊

Hopefully the Emira will make me miss the NSX less.

Cheers
Wow, a lot of ex-NSX owners here. That's great! That means the Lotus Emira should be an excellent fit.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s great to see the NSX Chapter forming, Avengers Assemble-style!

There is much love between Honda and Lotus enthusiasts, particularly in Japan and stemming from the F1 engine partnerships plus several joint consultancy projects.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts