• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: šŸ† May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Nelly's FE Magma

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
..and your first stop will be the petrol station given that 15 mile range!

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I was collecting my car, there was one other collection and another rather nice car there, too. I was asked not to post pictures of it for a while. It's been a while, so here goes.

Emira_DSC_1748.jpg
Emira_DSC_1749.jpg
Emira_DSC_1752.jpg
Emira_DSC_1753.jpg
Emira_DSC_1756.jpg
Emira_DSC_1757.jpg

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I must say, it looked fantastic ā€œin the fleshā€. Race cars are often a little ugly close up, but not this one. The roll cage makes it a little difficult to daily, though.

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Weā€™re having a few days away on the Isle Of Mull at present. The main A road is single track with passing places. B roads are about 3ft wider than the car, with added jeopardy of steep drops or the sea.
Our car has Sport suspension and itā€™s comfortable enough for my wife to fall asleep in it and for me to find it comfortable from the passenger seat which is a different feeling than driving. I really canā€™t understand why anyone would think the Sport is too harsh. Itā€™s just so compliant on the bumpy parts (and there are a few), tracks straight on some dodgy camber roads and corners like it knows the road. Having driven similar roads in an Elise or two and a Defender, its an interesting comparison. It doesnā€™t change direction as fast as an Elise (what does) but the speed it carries through the corners is amazing.
No errors, no warnings, seats are comfy, wipers work. Iā€™ve put petrol in it twice; thatā€™s it.
More soon, but hereā€™s a few photos.

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One in the wild. Just like the Elise, taking the Emira off the road and into grassy car parks is no drama. Ground clearance is just fine.
DSC_2343.jpeg

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, for all those wondering ā€œwhat colour is Magmaā€ hereā€™s one of the car when itā€™s filthy after a week driving round small A and B roads in the Scottish Highlands. I like my car being clean, but itā€™s also got to be used and at the end of the day, ā€œitā€™s just a carā€. So I donā€™t mind when itā€™s dirty either and havenā€™t tried to clean it.

IMG_5755.jpeg

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hereā€™s 3 from today. The car is great around Mull (but not as fast as a local in an L200). Confidence inspiring handling on some very twisty roads (first gear hairpins in places) amazing levels of grip even in the wet and gets lots of admiring comments when we stop. On the sections of road I now know after a week here, itā€™s amazingly fast - carries speed effortlessly and eats miles.

DSC_2421.jpeg
DSC_2366.jpeg
DSC_2359.jpeg

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hereā€™s 3 from today. The car is great around Mull (but not as fast as a local in an L200). Confidence inspiring handling on some very twisty roads (first gear hairpins in places) amazing levels of grip even in the wet and gets lots of admiring comments when we stop. On the sections of road I now know after a week here, itā€™s amazingly fast - carries speed effortlessly and eats miles.

View attachment 33036View attachment 33037View attachment 33038
Beautiful shots!! šŸ˜ Thanks for sharing!

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Went to an event called "Sports Cars in The Park" last Sunday. All the display cars leave down a private drive, with most giving it the beans. If you've 4 hours to spare, you can watch the all video from the exit gate. Some great sounding cars here, even with a crappy mic (not sure what camera was used). You can hear my Emira leaving just after my mate's blue Elise, at 3hrs 22. You can hear the cars before you see them (and also a slight rumble on some, going over the cattle grid). It's a fair comparison of lots of cars all on the same day with the same recording equipment.

The clip is a few seconds - Elise, Emira, McLaren.

Click Here

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Went to an event called "Sports Cars in The Park" last Sunday. All the display cars leave down a private drive, with most giving it the beans. If you've 4 hours to spare, you can watch the all video from the exit gate. Some great sounding cars here, even with a crappy mic (not sure what camera was used). You can hear my Emira leaving just after my mate's blue Elise, at 3hrs 22. You can hear the cars before you see them (and also a slight rumble on some, going over the cattle grid). It's a fair comparison of lots of cars all on the same day with the same recording equipment.

The clip is a few seconds - Elise, Emira, McLaren.

Click Here
I went to the autumn SCITP, though just as a regular punter. Was a good show albeit with a smaller number of cars than this one, hope you didn't get too trapped in traffic getting in, hear it was a bit horrendous! I'd have taken my i4 down but unfortunately it clashed with a family event this time.

OP
nelly111s

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I went to the autumn SCITP, though just as a regular punter. Was a good show albeit with a smaller number of cars than this one, hope you didn't get too trapped in traffic getting in, hear it was a bit horrendous! I'd have taken my i4 down but unfortunately it clashed with a family event this time.
Traffic was horrendous. Took 2 hours to get in. The organisation was appalling. Not enough food outlets either - they knew that there were 1400 display cars booked on, so no excuses.
Some fantastic cars there. More McLarens than Iā€™ve seen in one place and an Enzo! Not sure Iā€™ll be rushing back unless they get entry and exit sorted though. Lots of pictures on the SCiTP Facebook page.