Need help shipping paint

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm trying to get a single can of Hethel Yellow spray paint from the UK to the US. Can anyone here help? I know it's going to be slow, expensive, and complicated but I can't buy it here so shipping is the only option.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm trying to get a single can of Hethel Yellow spray paint from the UK to the US. Can anyone here help? I know it's going to be slow, expensive, and complicated but I can't buy it here so shipping is the only option.
Wouldn't it be easier to just match the paint code?

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wouldn't it be easier to just match the paint code?
I have the paint code. No one here that I've contacted has the formula. It's S201 but they say that doesn't help.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You could ask your local Lotus dealer who they use for paint work. Very few dealers will do it in-house and whichever paintshop they use will have access to the Lotus paint codes and formulations.

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A local PPG shop was available to mix some, so if anyone in Denver wants any, I have extra.

I just wanted to paint my model the way I intend to finish my Emira. The idea came from @Eagle7 but it's awesome so I'm doing it.

1000023923.jpg

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A local PPG shop was available to mix some, so if anyone in Denver wants any, I have extra.

I just wanted to paint my model the way I intend to finish my Emira. The idea came from @Eagle7 but it's awesome so I'm doing it.

View attachment 33571
I'd recommend keeping the mirror on, otherwise it could get tricky when changing lanes 🌚

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd recommend keeping the mirror on, otherwise it could get tricky when changing lanes 🌚
The one came off when I was just handling it, and the other when I removed the masking tape. Die cast model and plastic mirrors. The windows are just very thin plastic like Ferrero Rocher lids stuck on with magazine adhesive.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The one came off when I was just handling it, and the other when I removed the masking tape. Die cast model and plastic mirrors. The windows are just very thin plastic like Ferrero Rocher lids stuck on with magazine adhesive.
I've one myself and also broke both mirrors clean off in a matter of minutes 😂