• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Mud flaps and Lotus fitted protected film

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
£3,490 + VAT = £4,188 with my installer
That's a good price for a whole car :) ATD in Beverley expect £4k + vat. Where is your installer based, maybe he would do a club deal ;)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Konings Detailing in Hampshire:

Friend and fellow Lotus owner used to work for them, so might be able to sort out a club rate. Anyone who is interested drop me a line.

I know another Xpel installer who covers Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex and does a lot of Lotus work for the dealers and local independents.

boozyjay

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend someone in the West Midlands?

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Friend and fellow Lotus owner used to work for them, so might be able to sort out a club rate. Anyone who is interested drop me a line.

I know another Xpel installer who covers Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex and does a lot of Lotus work for the dealers and local independents.
Thanks, a long way from East Yorkshire but then most places are ;) including Litchfields

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Looks pretty good!
Be nice to get a black ppf black option as well 😁😇

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have had the GR Yaris put through LogicVPC's Liquid PPF treatment and the results are quite impressive. So far, it has worked out well. The treatment carries a 5-year warranty, and, more importantly, there are no gaps or seams since the PPF is sprayed on.

However, since some of the body panels/parts need to be removed before they can be treated, and depending on how much of the car you wish to have protected, it may turn out to be costly. In the case of the GRY, the cost was around £2.5K. The quote for the Exige S RGB came to £3.5K.

Yellowing aside, does anyone know how these Liquid PPF treatments compare to the Xpel-type PPF treatments in terms of longevity, especially if the PPF is ceramic coated?

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I will PPF and Ceramic Coat the entire car. Something not mentioned often after ceramic coating is applying a boost application every 3 months. I do that as well.

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have had the GR Yaris put through LogicVPC's Liquid PPF treatment and the results are quite impressive. So far, it has worked out well. The treatment carries a 5-year warranty, and, more importantly, there are no gaps or seams since the PPF is sprayed on.

However, since some of the body panels/parts need to be removed before they can be treated, and depending on how much of the car you wish to have protected, it may turn out to be costly. In the case of the GRY, the cost was around £2.5K. The quote for the Exige S RGB came to £3.5K.

Yellowing aside, does anyone know how these Liquid PPF treatments compare to the Xpel-type PPF treatments in terms of longevity, especially if the PPF is ceramic coated?
That's still a good price

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Liquid PPF is a new one on me. What's their view around being able to repair it if it gets marked, or even wanting to remove it. Or is that just not 'a thing' if you go for it. Those prices are very good compared to full traditional PPF, I've been ballpark quoted £3-4k to do the Emira fully.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'll definitely get getting PPF for the front and sills of my car. I have just realised that sadly this probably rules out collecting the car from the factory as I wouldn't really want to drive the 400 odd miles home in a new car before the PPF is applied :-( . Fortunately my local dealer Parks has a very good Xpel installer nearby so hopefully I'll be able to arrange to have the car done before collection.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Liquid PPF is a new one on me. What's their view around being able to repair it if it gets marked, or even wanting to remove it. Or is that just not 'a thing' if you go for it. Those prices are very good compared to full traditional PPF, I've been ballpark quoted £3-4k to do the Emira fully.
Liquid PPF can be peeled off leaving the paint underneath untouched, and if the PPF is ceramic coated, which is recommended, cleaning becomes a breeze. If both the ceramic coating and PPF layer are damaged then that whole panel/part needs to be stripped and retreated.

Here are photos of the GR Yaris (Platinum White Pearl Mica finish) - the front and sides (upto the roofline) have been treated with liquid PPF, including the headlight and fog light units, and topped off using Gtechniq HALO.
IMG_20210416_1735293.jpg IMG_20210416_1735496.jpg

Last edited:

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
As someone who is really into detailing cars, I have never heard the term "liquid PPF" so I had to Google it. The fact that PPF is an actual film that is laid on and very tough to break through, makes me think the "liquid" version cannot possibly have the same protective qualities as the actual film itself. It seems kind of gimmicky to me.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As someone who is really into detailing cars, I have never heard the term "liquid PPF" so I had to Google it. The fact that PPF is an actual film that is laid on and very tough to break through, makes me think the "liquid" version cannot possibly have the same protective qualities as the actual film itself. It seems kind of gimmicky to me.
The benefit of Liquid PPF is that the layer is completely invincible and there is no yellowing with age since the film goes over edges and around corners. Ceramic coating on top using a suitable product such as Gtechnique HALO will further enhance its protection and makes cleaning very easy.

How thick (tough) the coating is will depend on how many layers you go for - check here for more details: https://www.logicvpc.com/liquid-protection-film/

Last edited:

boozyjay

Reaction score
The benefit of Liquid PPF is the layer is completely invincible and there is no yellowing with age since the film goes over edges and round corners. Ceramic coating on top using a suitable product such as Gtechnique HALO will further enhance its protection and makes cleaning very easy.

How thick (touch) the coating is depends on how many layers you go for - check here for more details: https://www.logicvpc.com/liquid-protection-film/
They are only 40 mins drive from where I live. Thanks for posting.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
1. No idea about PPF. Love learning from you all. Thank you so much!

2. No clue about Ceramics either. See #1.

3. Any referrals for TX locations, preferably the DFW (Dallas, Fort Worth) area would be appreciated.

4. The poor “mud flap” section of this thread getting 0 love… The ‘18 Evora I picked up has some tiny flaps in the front only. Not sure if they were stock.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The benefit of Liquid PPF is that the layer is completely invincible and there is no yellowing with age since the film goes over edges and around corners. Ceramic coating on top using a suitable product such as Gtechnique HALO will further enhance its protection and makes cleaning very easy.

How thick (tough) the coating is will depend on how many layers you go for - check here for more details: https://www.logicvpc.com/liquid-protection-film/

Thanks for the link! I'll take a look!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

There are always new technological advancements. I was told the new XPEL PPF films had largely eliminated the yellowing of the past. I wonder how long this liquid PPF has been used and whether or not there are people who have had it on their car for years. I am going to ask my installer if he is aware of this and see what he says.

I am curious as to how this would be removed since it is all over the car. Thanks for sharing.