❔ QUESTION Modding the infotainment screen

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has anyone managed to hack / mod the infotainment? I think it would be cool to inject a picture of our own spec into the startup instead of the silhouette.

Screenshot_20240220-143559.png

OP
Time2Fly

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And possibly obscured by the wheel. Having the redline off to the side isn't that helpful.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I must be one of the few who really, really wouldn't want 'old school analogue dials'.

To me it's like wearing a traditional analog watch vs a digital one. One just feels more substantial and special. I don't dislike digital speedos, but I'm not in love with the Emira's. I've seen much cooler ones in other vehicles.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To me it's like wearing a traditional analog watch vs a digital one. One just feels more substantial and special.
Ah, to me, you see, it's like the difference of going from a CRT TV to a 4K LED TV. Your watch analogy I can sort of understand, but I only wear my analogue watches very rarely, on special occasions, and I know they are a compromise, not overly functional and really just for show, all other times I have my smart watch, because it just does a lot more.
I don't dislike digital speedos, but I'm not in love with the Emira's. I've seen much cooler ones in other vehicles.
This I completely agree with though, seems Lotus missed a bit of a trick by being so restrictive with their display layouts/setups... Give us more choice/customisation!!

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It might be both worlds. I had infotainment completly go down and with it a substential part of the cluster went. I don't remember what stayed and what not, but for example the RPM band went, speed stayed. I think some were partly there, like the temp value but no graphical gauge. I guess some important bits have at least a emergency fallback rendering values received from CAN directly while other bits are rendered by the infotainment.

GreenDeal

Reaction score
Hello dear Emira drivers. Do you also have problems with the display of the infotainment? The navigation system on my Emira doesn't work properly. The screen is too dark and not colored and the addresses are rarely found correctly. The radio reception is also poor. You will search in vain for DAB stations in particular. Isn't there already a software update here? Or what are your experiences? I find it very annoying when things like this don't work on a car that costs 100,000 euros!

drjazzsk

Reaction score
It is odd that in todays digital cluster revolution so to speak, the one on the Emira is underwhelming. It seems very novice in comparison to many other automakers. Hopefully an update down the road makes it more customizable and colorful as well.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is an interesting topic that Lotus would never win. Even if they gave us a brand new crazy digital display half the population would scream “we want analog displays! This isn’ta true lotus! “I actually like how the Emira has a basic digital display and isn’t “too much”. I almost felt like it’s still keeping in mind the one thing that draws us to this brand… the drive.

I’m coming from an Evora GT where it’s also a 100k car and still have pixelated displays for gas and tire pressure 😂. Emiras displays is a welcomed change

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had the pleasure of seeing the Caterham Project V and meeting its designer Anthony Jannarelly in person. This car has beautiful analog dials done in digital technology. The entire Project V feels much smoother and softer in its execution, and I also love that single rear seat. I am firmly waiting (with payment ready) for my Emira I4 FE, and plan to take delivery. However, depending on what route life takes me; it would actually be plausible for me that there is a “Project V” in my future. I am very attracted to this vehicle’s overall design externally, internally, and even technically (electric vehicle weighing less than 1200 kgs)

I will not automatically vote for a Type 135 unless it surpass other alternatives.

Besides, with digital technology all around us, I do not understand why Lotus could not have designed two alternative options: one with digital style, and one analog style, alternatives for the display of the Emira? I also have gripes with (the lack of) other areas (depending on market) of the infotainment and navigation (lack of it). And this is despite of some of this being a part of the original LYNX design.

(The photo is my own original with explicit copyright)

Attachments

• IMG_4183.jpeg
    IMG_4183.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

GreenDeal

Reaction score
This is an interesting topic that Lotus would never win. Even if they gave us a brand new crazy digital display half the population would scream “we want analog displays! This isn’ta true lotus! “I actually like how the Emira has a basic digital display and isn’t “too much”. I almost felt like it’s still keeping in mind the one thing that draws us to this brand… the drive.

I’m coming from an Evora GT where it’s also a 100k car and still have pixelated displays for gas and tire pressure 😂. Emiras displays is a welcomed change
So, if this car can't even receive the digital radio stations, compared to all the inexpensive cars I know, it's no longer up to date and doesn't correspond to the state of the art!!
I think, LOTUS still has to do something for the image!

If I had known that the infotainment worked so poorly, I'm not sure whether I would have bought an Emira at all.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It is odd that in todays digital cluster revolution so to speak, the one on the Emira is underwhelming. It seems very novice in comparison to many other automakers. Hopefully an update down the road makes it more customizable and colorful as well.

At first I felt the same way but I appreciate that the design is minimalist and mostly functional. It’s not crazy colorful and ostentatious. I think it will age well. I don’t think the same of other designs that look more current and will look out of date at some point. Sure could be better, but I think it works more or less. I like the performance data options even if the presentation itself is pretty basic.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
At first I felt the same way but I appreciate that the design is minimalist and mostly functional. It’s not crazy colorful and ostentatious. I think it will age well. I don’t think the same of other designs that look more current and will look out of date at some point. Sure could be better, but I think it works more or less. I like the performance data options even if the presentation itself is pretty basic.
I agree with you, seriously, even though I wish that Lotus also would have provided a selectable «analog meters» version as well👀😇

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Looks incredible. Hopefully we can upgrade our screens to something like that!

Also kind of beautiful to hear someone so excited. ..

That is what this does for me -- helps me feel completely alive and free.