Metal Shift Knob

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have a very rare allergy to the cold (cold-induced urticaria) I developed at age 13. I learned quickly I am fine in air that is 50°F, but water has to be nearly 80°F before I can safely swim for more than 10 minutes (anaphylactic response). It's not as bad now (age 40), but still there.
Wow, I can imagine that really made the lesson crystal clear for you at that moment! Do you have any discomfort touching metal objects like the Lotus shift knobs?

Golfer1971

Reaction score
Will there be an option later on for a special a/c system for the gear knob only. 🤔
What about an electrical heating system for the winter season? I don‘t want my hand to get froozen on top of the gear knob in winter time! 🤣😜

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Will there be an option later on for a special a/c system for the gear knob only. 🤔
What about an electrical heating system for the winter season? I don‘t want my hand to get froozen on top of the gear knob in winter time! 🤣😜
There was a special design feature in the 2016 Landrover 90 I had. The handbrake lever was next to the floor vent which outputted the hot or cold air. On a cold winters day it would burn your hand releasing or putting the handbrake on :)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is what driving gloves are for... so you don't burn your hands on a hot steering wheel and shift knob in the summer, or freeze them in the winter. My Alfa Romeo Giulia has heated seats and steering wheel, and the heated wheel is SO nice in the winter.