Message from Matt Windle regarding Emira delays

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Another issue with the delay is that once a lot of us get our First Editions (or possibly even before), Lotus may reveal all of the additional colors (and possibly extra customizations) and we'll be left here playing with the configurator and stuck waiting on a color we choose due to lack of options.

Mickle

Reaction score
FYI - had it confirmed today that my build has been pushed back from September to November. This should give you auto people an idea of the delay - 2 months 🙂
Eek, good to know. My last car went back late last year so looks like I’ve a few more months pootling about in the girlfriends car 🥲

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
So basically, Lotus is ready, they just need their suppliers to send them the parts. Unless there's a new-found burst of supply, I can just assume my car will be shipped sometime in the late winter/early spring of next year.

G

Guest142

FYI - had it confirmed today that my build has been pushed back from September to November. This should give you auto people an idea of the delay - 2 months 🙂
This is in line with what I anticipated. November (Thanksgiving) would be phenomenal. Great weather here in the Carolinas. Beautiful colors. Fall is a perfect time to drive. The Thanksgiving Holiday will be a exceptional one this year if this time frame holds true.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So is that a December delivery? May I ask who gave you this information?

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that but thanks for sharing, helpful for the group.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So basically, Lotus is ready, they just need their suppliers to send them the parts. Unless there's a new-found burst of supply, I can just assume my car will be shipped sometime in the late winter/early spring of next year.
So is that a December delivery? May I ask who gave you this information?
November build, December delivery. Directly from the lady at lotus who looked up my specific order.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yep. Basically they have a ton of parts stuck in China

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
They can send my Emira over with staggered Evora wheels and a slight discount if that's all it takes.

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve canceled my Eletre deposit and if my contract was reversible I’d be doing the same with my Emira. Forget Lotus and their business BS… And that’s from a person who’s owned 2, prior to this atrocity of a business. Geely owned and backed my ass… They couldn’t navigate their way out of a paper bag… Oh wait let me dig my head in the sand and hopefully no one notices….
giphy.gif

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve canceled my Eletre deposit and if my contract was reversible I’d be doing the same with my Emira. Forget Lotus and their business BS… And that’s from a person who’s owned 2, prior to this atrocity of a business. Geely owned and backed my ass… They couldn’t navigate their way out of a paper bag… Oh wait let me dig my head in the sand and hopefully no one notices….

Seems you can’t control your emotions sir ,

The best you can do is forget this both cars and wait some months to second hand traders

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Did anyone in the US receive the email with Matt's delay video (because I never did)? Or was this just for UK customers?

I called my dealer about it and they had no idea what I was talking about until I sent them the YouTube link. :sneaky:

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did anyone in the US receive the email with Matt's delay video (because I never did)? Or was this just for UK customers?

I called my dealer about it and they had no idea what I was talking about until I sent them the YouTube link. :sneaky:
It's impossible to say that the comms problems are due to the dealer model disconnect when they don't even communicate with their own dealers. I just continue to be astounded.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's impossible to say that the comms problems are due to the dealer model disconnect when they don't even communicate with their own dealers. I just continue to be astounded.
This
8T65aMKyc.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Wouldn't this be a problem with Lotus USA? Since they're the factory connection to the dealer network in the U.S., wouldn't it be their responsibility to keep the dealers up-to-date with any info/news from Lotus Hethel?

Maybe once dealers get demo cars they'll also get some kind of communication link established, because so far, it doesn't look like they have much of one yet.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There are several routes for comms. Lotus HQ provide info to Lotus Cars USA for onward communication, but HQ also provide comms and briefings direct to the dealers.

There was a US dealers Zoom call with Hethel just before I visited Hethel in January and a similar call for Europe, Asia and Australia dealers in the weeks after. HQ also issued the 2022 dealer allocations to the dealers - remember some dealers were much quicker than others in contacting customers to tell them who was in line for a V6 FE based on that info. They also had the dealer conference at Hethel a few weeks ago - remember the leaked photos.

HQ are also providing online training for the dealers about the Emira's features so the dealers can do the customer briefings and handovers.

So I think there are shortcomings by Lotus HQ and by some dealers too.

Cory

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was late to the party and placed my deposit with Lotus of Orlando March 23, 2022. I received an email today June 28, 2022 from Lotus Cars USA that I am a “priority customer” and should be able to place my order/spec “soon”. So about 3 months from deposit to an email confirmation. The dealer said I should be end of 2023/beginning of 2024 delivery. 🤷‍♂️.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello all,

I was late to the party and placed my deposit with Lotus of Orlando March 23, 2022. I received an email today June 28, 2022 from Lotus Cars USA that I am a “priority customer” and should be able to place my order/spec “soon”. So about 3 months from deposit to an email confirmation. The dealer said I should be end of 2023/beginning of 2024 delivery. 🤷‍♂️.
Welcome. We all received the same generic confirmation email. I am also purchasing from Lotus of Orlando đź‘Ť

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Nope