Message from Matt Windle regarding Emira delays

CheshireCat

Reaction score
The leather in the video doesn't look as bright as the samples, both in the car itself and the seats in the background as the car drives off at the end. it could be due to the colour balance of the video but the tool-chests on the production line look like a pretty accurate red.
Exactly my spec, Nimbus, red leather, red callipers and silver wheels.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The leather in the video doesn't look as bright as the samples, both in the car itself and the seats in the background as the car drives off at the end. it could be due to the colour balance of the video but the tool-chests on the production line look like a pretty accurate red.
The cabin is always darker so makes the seats look less vivid than when they are directly under bright light.

Congratulations on having Matt introduce your spec! Looks great! šŸ˜

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
2-3 weeks best case, much longer for worst case. Auto gearbox seems to be the worst delay.
Any idea how many months ? Iā€™ve flipped between both options but opted to delay to April 23 so would hope and pray Iā€™m still on track šŸ˜¬. Iā€™ve had a link sent now so can update my spec anytime although maybe not a good idea !

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Nice spec and Iā€™m swaying to red leather and then Iā€™d have the same as you. When are you expecting your Emira?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any idea how many months ? Iā€™ve flipped between both options but opted to delay to April 23 so would hope and pray Iā€™m still on track šŸ˜¬. Iā€™ve had a link sent now so can update my spec anytime although maybe not a good idea !
The immediate delays are affecting people in the July, Aug and Sept delivery batches. The implications beyond that are unclear. Lotus have said privately they think they can catch up later, but I'm sceptical.

I don't think it'll be a like for like delay for everyone, for example all Nov deliveries shifting to Dec, but with a combination of parts supply delays and a limit on maximum rate of production I can't see they'll completely catch up.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The immediate delays are affecting people in the July, Aug and Sept delivery batches. The implications beyond that are unclear. Lotus have said privately they think they can catch up later, but I'm sceptical.

I don't think it'll be a like for like delay for everyone, for example all Nov deliveries shifting to Dec, but with a combination of parts supply delays and a limit on maximum rate of production I can't see they'll completely catch up.
Landrover has 9-12 month delays on all models and they buy a lot more parts than Lotus.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Thanks Tom. Iā€™m a 14/7/21 deposit holder so originally due a sept/oct delivery so pushing back 6 months will hopefully not impact delivery

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Landrover has 9-12 month delays on all models and they buy a lot more parts than Lotus.
"...buy in more parts" = harder to source the volume they need - though more clout to get priority. Lotus's problem will be getting priority with parts vendors given low volumes, but availability would presumably be easier.

Wonder how it works internally within Geely, how they prioritize access to the parts bin for the various brands. Perhaps they cross bill and behave like independents, no idea. Can't really guess this stuff, so many ways it might be working under the hood.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It will work both ways, however being a small scale manufacturer, Lotus should find it easier to get a relatively small number of parts compared to high volume mass market manufacturers.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I spoke with Tammy at Lotus today and she said "Lotus are tyring to limit the impact on the delivery of the Emira and deliveries in the US should only be impacted by a few weeks at most." Sounds reassuring, even though this can be interpreted a couple different ways. I'm staying positive that I'll see mine in November as planned (also hoping for a warm winter!).

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I spoke with Tammy at Lotus today and she said "Lotus are tyring to limit the impact on the delivery of the Emira and deliveries in the US should only be impacted by a few weeks at most." Sounds reassuring, even though this can be interpreted a couple different ways. I'm staying positive that I'll see mine in November as planned (also hoping for a warm winter!).
Will be a good Christmas gift if it does arrive in time :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think theyā€™re all trying to do the best they can.

Theyā€™re dependent on a stack of suppliers, some of whom appear to be more open with Lotus than others. The auto gearboxes are from Toyota - a key long term strategic partner - who seem to have only shared delay info recently. Perhaps thatā€™s their suppliers also contributing to the delay.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Iā€™ve canceled my Eletre deposit and if my contract was reversible Iā€™d be doing the same with my Emira. Fuck Lotus and their business BSā€¦ And thatā€™s from a person whoā€™s owned 2, prior to this atrocity of a business. Geely owned and backed my assā€¦ They couldnā€™t navigate their way out of a paper bagā€¦ Oh wait let me dig my head in the sand and hopefully no one noticesā€¦.

Not sure about your experience, but I've had nothing but great customer service from my local Lotus dealer. Comms issues and delays are not the fault of the local team but stem from HQ keeping dealers within an information vacuum as well as world wide supply shortages.

Last edited:

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's not a Lotus or Geely-specific thing but an industry-wide supplier shortage thing. Nothing compared to C8 customers. Imagine getting on the Z06 waiting list last year and still not having any pricing announced despite the original plan of having it on streets late summer. Or Stingray customers who already ordered months in advance just to have the price increase by $2300 last week (in addition to the normal annual adjustment for inflation already applied prior for MY2023).

Comparatively, we've got it pretty good so far with Lotus.

G

Guest142

Not sure about your experience, but I've had nothing but great customer service from my local Lotus dealer. Comms issues and delays are not the fault of the local team but stem from HQ keeping dealers within an information vacuum as well as world wide supply shortages.
This* My dealer has been phenomenal (shout @GatorMotorsport). My wife actually spoke with Russell Carr via email (he was gentlemanly in replying, thank you Russ ya freakin rockstar), and with the supply issues happening globally its totally understandable to have delays. They've kept their word on cost not being passed down, they have built a phenomenal exotic by all impressions, and let's face it making cars isn't easy...its difficult as all hell. I know what it's like to work your butt off on your passion, invest and reinvest time again to lose your shirt repeatedly and still go after it with even more desire because it means that much. I feel their passion, I relate...so this purchase for me isn't just any sports car will do...no...it has to be Lotus for me. And it has to be Emira. Nothing great comes easy, nothing worthy comes fast. All in due time. Patience is a virtue. It's a classic in the making.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Iā€™ve canceled my Eletre deposit and if my contract was reversible Iā€™d be doing the same with my Emira. Forget Lotus and their business BSā€¦ And thatā€™s from a person whoā€™s owned 2, prior to this atrocity of a business. Geely owned and backed my assā€¦ They couldnā€™t navigate their way out of a paper bagā€¦ Oh wait let me dig my head in the sand and hopefully no one noticesā€¦.
Not sure what you're so pissed off about? We have unprecedented supply chain issues globally thanks to COVID in China, and they're impacting all car manufacturers. We also have a war in the Ukraine/Russia. Lotus is running 1-2 months behind in launching a brand new vehicle and they've promised to hold prices.