Message from Matt Windle regarding Emira delays

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great step from Lotus in attempting to communicate to customers straight from the top. Keep up the great work!

@Rob Borrett if you had something to do with this then a big thank you from us!

Last edited:

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Credit to Matt for putting this out there. Can you imagine the simply massive difference it would have made to our perception of Lotus comms if he had done something like this several times over the last few months? A little direct communication goes a long way in keeping customers on board.

Also very good to hear a commitment to holding prices. Must say I'm very surprised they are able to do that for all the FE customers.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Credit to Matt for putting this out there. Can you imagine the simply massive difference it would have made to our perception of Lotus comms if he had done something like this several times over the last few months? A little direct communication goes a long way in keeping customers on board.

Also very good to hear a commitment to holding prices. Must say I'm very surprised they are able to do that for all the FE customers.
All it ever needed with some teaser videos and posts emailed directly to deposit holder and then shared on Social a few days later...

Last edited:

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Totally agree. He comes across well and straightforward but a few messages along the way would have been great

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I wonder whether the base £59,995 remains. I suppose with no options price published they could recover some margin loss there

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just received the email with this video now. Already watched it here though! Great to see some communication coming through finally. Interesting he said the first customer car, I thought it was all dealer demo cars being built just now? Unless the count as customer cars too, or maybe all demos are done and actual proper customer cars are rolling down the line. Either way, exciting that it's progressing and great to finally have some proper communication!

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I wonder whether the base £59,995 remains. I suppose with no options price published they could recover some margin loss there
I think this would be my concern if putting FE allocation back to a Base

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Who else is now scrambling to guess at which bit of their spec might cause further delays? Leather or alcantara? Type of wheels? Who knows, maybe even colour? Perhaps we'll get some inkling when we see the spec of the first deliveries.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah, it's good to see, but if I hadn't been on this board I'd have been none the wiser, why wasn't it emailed out? Again do the right thing on one hand and then point the gun at their feet!

Unless it was and I've missed it somehow......

I got it via email from the Australian Lotus distributor.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well I nearly fell of my chair a piece of communication which is long overdue. Very surprised to hear that I’m a valued customer- just words IMO as certainly have not felt this in the last year. Too little too late. It was great to hear and what did that take not much but that can’t wipe away several frustrations that I now suddenly feel a valued customer from one piece of communication at the 12th hour.