Magma Red with Red interior

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think red/red works well with a racier interior (ala F40, Civic Type R as @aEdMIRA pointed out). The 360 Challenge Stradale is another example. Too bad Lotus doesnt offer a red alcantara option - perhaps on future sportier models.

Quantox

Reaction score
Do you have a full list of the suggestions?
I am also of the red/red persuasion but need to see both together as I wasn't able to attend a UK viewing. I dislike black or tan interiors which leaves me with only red or ice grey.

Here's the list of recommendations that Parks sent me. It's notable that the "A" means Available not "Avoid", they use "Not Recommended" (NR) for that.

Cheers

Colin

1639998274444.jpeg

Last edited:

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am also of the red/red persuasion but need to see both together as I wasn't able to attend a UK viewing. I dislike black interiors which leaves me with only red or ice grey.

Here's the list of recommendations that Parks sent me. It's notable that the "A" means Available not "Avoid", they use "Not Recommended" (NR) for that.

Cheers

Colin

View attachment 1961
That's interesting - I am going with yellow and likely altantara with yellow contrast - I have that in my exige, and it looks great

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am also of the red/red persuasion but need to see both together as I wasn't able to attend a UK viewing. I dislike black interiors which leaves me with only red or ice grey.

Cheers

Colin

View attachment 1961
So they don’t recommend my current blue with red leather :p, or fact I’m considering swapping to Ronald McDonald yellow and red leather:ROFLMAO:

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So they don’t recommend my current blue with red leather :p, or fact I’m considering swapping to Ronald McDonald yellow and red leather:ROFLMAO:
Blue and red was a Lotus combo on the Evora Essex edition wasn't it? Looked really good. I'm with them on the MacDonald's combination though, but then I'm Captain Conservative when it comes to interiors (I've gone for black alcantara), so what to I know :)

aEdMIRA

Reaction score
I am also of the red/red persuasion but need to see both together as I wasn't able to attend a UK viewing. I dislike black or tan interiors which leaves me with only red or ice grey.

Cheers

Colin

View attachment 1961
YAY! Red and Red are back on then!!!! Yellow and yellow contrast stitching NR - NO WAY :(

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Cheers

Colin

View attachment 1961
Interesting - thanks for posting this up.

Also interesting to note is that there is no "Designer's Choice" for all colours, especially those used on the two show cars; Seneca Blue and Shadow Grey.

Would love to see all these options/combinations in real life before having to make the final decision, but happy with my first choice of body colour and interior trim.

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting - thanks for posting this up.

Also interesting to note is that there is no "Designer's Choice" for all colours, especially those used on the two show cars; Seneca Blue or Shadow Grey.

Would love to see all these options/combinations in real life before having to make the final decision, but happy with my first choice of body colour and interior trim.
I could do that, but that would be 27 different renders. The model I have doesn't have detailed stitching on the seats but I can do the Alcantara part. Good idea, but I'll have to think about that lol.

Quantox

Reaction score
That doesn't make sense to me either
Seems daft to me too, some really odd assessments in that list.
Stupidly, I've only just realised that you can do a 360 interior view by dragging in the "interior" section of config. The red items are seats (with black accents) partial door cards, part of the dash and centre console. So, to me this means a red/black interior which wouldn't be as potentially overwhelming as a full red (someone pointed this out earlier but I didn't twig it). Makes me much more comfortable with the my red/red selection.

Cheers.

Colin
08122021 Red:Red Spec.png

aEdMIRA

Reaction score
Coming from a mainly Porsche background. Would this work with yellow calipers and yellow on the outer rim (painted not tape). I will probably smoke the wheel caps so the 2 yellows match or is it wiser to go red outer rims and red calipers? Too much red? I feel the need to highlight where the wheel ends and the tyre starts!

Quantox

Reaction score
Coming from a mainly Porsche background. Would this work with yellow calipers and yellow on the outer rim (painted not tape). I will probably smoke the wheel caps so the 2 yellows match or is it wiser to go red outer rims and red calipers? Too much red? I feel the need to highlight where the wheel ends and the tyre starts!
Interesting thoughts. I'd looked at red calipers in my config but thought maybe too much red so I'm going with yellow which I think would look good with a painted yellow coachline on the wheels to delineate the wheel/tyre interface, as you suggest for yours. Mine has silver wheels so that interface is already well defined.

Be good to see a render of your suggestion.

Cheers

Colin

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Stupidly, I've only just realised that you can do a 360 interior view by dragging in the "interior" section of config. The red items are seats (with black accents) partial door cards, part of the dash and centre console. So, to me this means a red/black interior which wouldn't be as potentially overwhelming as a full red (someone pointed this out earlier but I didn't twig it). Makes me much more comfortable with the my red/red selection.

Cheers.

ColinView attachment 1965
Looks great there, but my only worry would be if Magma is indeed a renamed Fire Red (or similar) the two reds could look a little detached unless car is in direct sunlight ie bright bright red interior and when shaded a more burgundy exterior.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Looks great there, but my only worry would be if Magma is indeed a renamed Fire Red (or similar) the two reds could look a little detached unless car is in direct sunlight ie bright bright red interior and when shaded a more burgundy exterior.
Then again maybe, just maybe it will both counts!
ClaNh98WgAAfXSu.jpg
fe2b943842_1280.jpg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's 4 variations on your idea.

First is yellow calipers with a yellow rim stripe.
Yellow & Yellow.png

This shot replaces the yellow rim stripe with gold, which is a time-honored theme for Lotus. It goes back to the original Gold Leaf Team Lotus colors on their Formula 1 cars in the 60's, and then their famous black and gold John Player Special cars. It's a more subtle look, but it still does the job of delineating the edge of the rim from the tire.
Yellow & Gold.png

Then you have red calipers with a red rim stripe.
Red & Red.png

And the same substitution of gold leaf for the rim stripe.
Red & Gold.png

In both cases I think the gold stripe works better because it's less overwhelming, and even with the yellow caliper it still works without being too much of that color tone. The rim stripe would have to be painted because these wheels have a raised edge for the diamond cut spokes, which would make it a nightmare to try and use pinstripe tape.

aEdMIRA

Reaction score
Agree, the yellow looks too bright. Oh decisions decisions! Thank you Eagle, you are a very generous individual!

Quantox

Reaction score
Here's 4 variations on your idea.

First is yellow calipers with a yellow rim stripe.
View attachment 1975

This shot replaces the yellow rim stripe with gold, which is a time-honored theme for Lotus. It goes back to the original Gold Leaf Team Lotus colors on their Formula 1 cars in the 60's, and then their famous black and gold John Player Special cars. It's a more subtle look, but it still does the job of delineating the edge of the rim from the tire.
View attachment 1976

Then you have red calipers with a red rim stripe.
View attachment 1977

And the same substitution of gold leaf for the rim stripe.
View attachment 1978

In both cases I think the gold stripe works better because it's less overwhelming, and even with the yellow caliper it still works without being too much of that color tone. The rim stripe would have to be painted because these wheels have a raised edge for the diamond cut spokes, which would make it a nightmare to try and use pinstripe tape.
Thank you for posting these renders. They certainly focus the mind. Out of these, I'd prefer the gold leaf/red caliper version. However, I've moved away from the black wheel thing and prefer my silver wheel/yellow caliper version to make the whole image "Pop" out and still look classy.
So many decisions!

Cheers

Colin

OP
Lotushavefun

Lotushavefun

Reaction score

Cheers.

ColinView attachment 1965
Dang! if the Magma red comes out looking anything like this pic. Its going to look so clean!🤩

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Cheers

Colin

View attachment 1961
Oh no - I planned hethel yellow with Tan Nappa. I wear white socks with my sandals so my style is always in question - apparently Lotus also thinks I have no taste :(