• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Boombang

Reaction score
Were you there today, I was at 10.30am! This is the second time I've driven this very car, noticed that despite being a bit of a short arse I would have liked the seat to go a little lower, not the outstretched legs I would have hoped for!
No, that was back on 12th December. I wrote up my test drive on the relevant thread and as a result cancelled my order.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Dammit, every time I feel like I’m going to cancel my order and walk away, I see a photo like this…
FYI that photo is a crop of one of the new ones in the Magma Red section of the Lotus Cars Media site.

Bottom of this page:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Some lovely new Magma content...

Nice, that's the demo here in Bilbao.

I only drove it for 10 mins a few weeks ago, waiting for proper insurance to do a real test. and letting the dealer do the run-in. so far it has 800 kms. Let's see if in one or two weeks I can blast it!

By the way, so far no issues that I know of.

with me inside looks much better! 🤣
IMG_4372.jpeg

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

Its a nice video, but I think at no point in it does the colour truly reflect the actual Magma red colour... it does show some pretty clear orange peal though :(.
Still a good looking animal..and food for thought for me as my magma red one is at the dock/customs awaiting clearance :( oh what to doooooo

Nice, that's the demo here in Bilbao.

I only drove it for 10 mins a few weeks ago, waiting for proper insurance to do a real test. and letting the dealer do the run-in. so far it has 800 kms. Let's see if in one or two weeks I can blast it!

By the way, so far no issues that I know of.

with me inside looks much better! 🤣View attachment 21351
When I see the black pack, I wish I had it, but I think then I see it without it, I am glad I didnt...... one of those no right answer ones.... always love black wheels though, but I didnt go for them either.. haha

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I see the black pack, I wish I had it, but I think then I see it without it, I am glad I didnt...... one of those no right answer ones.... always love black wheels though, but I didnt go for them either.. haha
It will look amazing either way, I´m sure

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think at no point in it does the colour truly reflect the actual Magma red colour... it does show some pretty clear orange peal though :(.
You're right. My picture is more representative of the real color. On the dark areas of the video is quite accurate though

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Hot damn - what a great video. Throw some yellow calipers on there and it's exactly my spec. I can now return to Earth and back into the USA Base queue until 'soon' finally arrives....

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Amazing! You should print and frame this! 🔥

I was thinking of doing one for each color but... I have more ambition than time. This one was pretty quick and dirty, it isn't production quality just slapping some paint on the canvas so to speak.

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Its a nice video, but I think at no point in it does the colour truly reflect the actual Magma red colour... it does show some pretty clear orange peal though :(.
Still a good looking animal..and food for thought for me as my magma red one is at the dock/customs awaiting clearance :( oh what to doooooo

You still have chance to wrap it and may also leave mirror covers as original to show “diff”.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing one for each color but... I have more ambition than time. This one was pretty quick and dirty, it isn't production quality just slapping some paint on the canvas so to speak.

Yeah, I was trying to think of themes for the other FE colors... Nimbus could be a cloudy background, Seneca maybe a big tidal wave, Shadow dark night sky with blue lightning, not sure about Hethel and Dark Verdant.... Maybe an Autumn leaves scene for Hethel Yellow? 🤔

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, I was trying to think of themes for the other FE colors... Nimbus could be a cloudy background, Seneca maybe a big tidal wave, Shadow dark night sky with blue lightning, not sure about Hethel and Dark Verdant.... Maybe an Autumn leaves scene for Hethel Yellow? 🤔

I'm actually pretty excited about concepts in my head for Nimbus and Verdant. The others, I don't know... cross those bridges when (if) I get there lol

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Why does every picture of a magma car I see out in the wild look nothing like this, just the lack of uk sun?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Why does every picture of a magma car I see out in the wild look nothing like this, just the lack of uk sun?
The saturation on that clip is cranked up to cartoonish levels. None of those colors are anything close to what was in front of the camera.

See the people in the background late in the shot... skin tone is almost orange. Total oversaturation of the image.