Magma red in the wild

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Magna red with grey interior is at a Ketteringham hall car show right now, Not too far from Hethel

My friend who is there is trying to find the guy who brought the car, So we can catch some videos of the car in action. Looks to be the same car in the Harry’s garage video

Apparently the grey interior looks amazing, which is what I opted for

Attachments

• A1C6B3B5-91D9-4A3C-ADA6-FF4037D6E94B.png
    A1C6B3B5-91D9-4A3C-ADA6-FF4037D6E94B.png
    648.2 KB · Views: 742

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's "BUP", one of the pre-prod cars being used for press reviews and running Touring suspension with Goodyears. Autocar and Andrew Frankel had it and it's the one Lotus sent to Harry when he wanted to try Touring alongside the Sports car he'd be given initially ("BVA/Beaver" in Seneca Blue).

Crown

Reaction score
The Magna red with grey interior is at a Ketteringham hall car show right now, Not too far from Hethel

My friend who is there is trying to find the guy who brought the car, So we can catch some videos of the car in action. Looks to be the same car in the Harry’s garage video

Apparently the grey interior looks amazing, which is what I opted for
That’s good to hear on interior , I was on factory tour back in May , saw that car but it was in the background where you were not allowed , so could not really see interior . I’ve got it with Seneca blue 👍

Rob Borrett

Reaction score
Hello All,

I had the pleasure today, of attending the car meet with BUP. You are correct, it is one of our pre-prod press fleet. Recently driven by Harry, Autocar and Top Gear Magazine. It is fast becoming a favourite of the team at Hethel. It has a real personality of its own. I was asked to support the local event by the organisers with one of our press cars.

As you can imagine, as a Lotus employee it would be extremely inappropriate for me to 'give it some revs' while leaving an event. One of the great thing about the event today, and what so many people said, was how respectful all visitors were when leaving the site.

I can assure you, when on a flowing B-Road and away from built up areas, you wont be disappointed by the sound ;-)

You might also notice in the video, in second gear the engine burbles and pops in a really lovely manner. Loads of character.

Keep up the great support of Emira.

Cheers,
Rob (PR Manager, not UK Sales Manager)

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello All,

I had the pleasure today, of attending the car meet with BUP. You are correct, it is one of our pre-prod press fleet. Recently driven by Harry, Autocar and Top Gear Magazine. It is fast becoming a favourite of the team at Hethel. It has a real personality of its own.

As you can imagine, as a Lotus employee it would be extremely inappropriate for me to 'give it some revs' while leaving an event. One of the great thing about the event today, and what so many people said, was how respectful all visitors were when leaving the site.

I can assure you, when on a flowing B-Road and away from built up areas, you wont be disappointed by the sound ;-)

You might also notice in the video, in second gear the engine burbles and pops in a really lovely manner. Loads of character.

Keep up the great support of Emira.

Cheers,
Rob (PR Manager, not UK Sales Manager)
Hi @Rob Borrett , thank you for joining and welcome to the forum! Most of us here are well behaved and please excuse the ones who are not. 😉

It would be great to have you participate here ongoing moving forward. Our growing global Emira community would greatly benefit from having a direct conduit to Lotus!

You may have observed from reading various threads that many issues, frustrations and concerns stem from a general lack of comms and information filtering through, so some help in this regard would be absolutely fantastic!

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi @Rob Borrett , thank you for joining and welcome to the forum! Most of us here are well behaved and please excuse the ones who are not. 😉

It would be great to have you participate here ongoing moving forward. Our growing global Emira community would greatly benefit from having a direct conduit to Lotus!

You may have observed from reading various threads that many issues, frustrations and concerns stem from a general lack of comms and information filtering through, so some help in this regard would be absolutely fantastic!

Indeed, good to have you @Rob Borrett.

As an aside, it was great to see the car next to an F-Type (my other option). The Jag looks a bit more grown up, but the Emira certainly has supercar style.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great to have you on the forum @Rob Borrett. Most of the other Lotus staff on here use pseudonyms, so kudos for going public.

Are you taking the press cars to Goodwood, or a show car and a dynamic car for the hill?

Rob Borrett

Reaction score
Great to have you on the forum @Rob Borrett. Most of the other Lotus staff on here use pseudonyms, so kudos for going public.

Are you taking the press cars to Goodwood, or a show car and a dynamic car for the hill?
Hello Tom,

I just wanted to clarify on this thread, why I ignored the request to rev the car when leaving the event.

As for Goodwood, you will just have to wait and see.

Thanks,
Rob

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looking forward to seeing what you bring, and hearing a snarly V6 going up the hill.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
sorry your the nob
Easy tiger 🐅 pretty sure it was tongue in cheek

It was in jest, was a joke. Suppose my sense of humor does not translate well over the internet. Also I am American and have only heard the term wanker in movies and believe its pretty low on the curse word scale.