• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lynk&Co infotainment system in Emira

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
55EA0E0B-2E44-4FCC-878D-79920CEC4F35.jpeg

Emira has Lynk&Co infotainment system. This YouTube clip has revealed the preproduction Emira with the Lynk&Co splash screen. Makes sense as Geely also owns Lynk&Co EV brand.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Being in the US, I was not familiar with Lynk & Co. and had to look them up. I suppose this is a good thing since the infotainment system has been in use for some time and bugs already worked out. I also assume that updates can be push to it as needed...? My real concern is about the digital gauge cluster. What's that quality going to be like? Will we have the ability to customize it with analog style gauges?

LOLcakes

Reaction score
Notice how it even shares the same engine start stop button with Lynk & Co

Attachments

• 89E70978-48C1-43D3-BEF6-3C84210306EE.jpeg
    89E70978-48C1-43D3-BEF6-3C84210306EE.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 130

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Notice how it even shares the same engine start stop button with Lynk & Co
Now that you mention it, I’m seeing a lot of overlap. The Lynk&Co auto shifter and parking button looks the same as the DCT Emira version. The climate control knobs are very similar too. And the steering wheel controls...

Guess we know where Lotus found it’s interior.

edit: picture for reference
B8310C39-F7F4-4211-9910-B1DA2EAD2D17.jpeg

Last edited:

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You see the same shifter style (though kinda sideways) and steering wheel buttons on the Polestar 2, as well
BF4B4B62-90CA-41DF-AEF8-39D4D3861566.jpeg

OP
Jonhklee

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I guess that’s how they can bring down the costs and RRP to under £60k start price. R&D cost will be much lower if they have such a large parts bin to use! Happy for my lotus to have Volvo/Polestar quality interior parts, Lynk&Co electronic technology, AMG/Toyota drive train and Lotus suspensions and style! What a combo it will be!
I suspect the digital dials will be straight from a polestar or Lynk&Co….. if anyone is worried before, fear no more! That screen is brilliant! :)

LOLcakes

Reaction score
Do you guys think that the Emira will have a mobile app with remote unlock/lock/engine start/HVAC functions? It’s already got a SIM card for OTA updates and SOS calling, I’m sure Lynk&Co would have something like that already developed?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s less that it’s Lynk & Co and more that it’s Geely Group. Lotus were given access to the whole Geely Group’s designs, parts and supply chain. Hence why there’s a stack of Geely, Lynk, Volvo and Polestar components. There are some new Lotus-only parts too.

The head of HCI design for the Emira is a recent hire - ex McLaren, JLR and Renault. His team won the work on the Emira HCI in competition against the other Geely Group design studios. I think it’s going to be really good and very Lotus (driver focussed).

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It’s less that it’s Lynk & Co and more that it’s Geely Group. Lotus were given access to the whole Geely Group’s designs, parts and supply chain. Hence why there’s a stack of Geely, Lynk, Volvo and Polestar components. There are some new Lotus-only parts too.

The head of HCI design for the Emira is a recent hire - ex McLaren, JLR and Renault. His team won the work on the Emira HCI in competition against the other Geely Group design studios. I think it’s going to be really good and very Lotus (driver focussed).
Do you have a link to more information on this, by chance?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Do you have a link to more information on this, by chance?
Here's an interview with Lotus MD Matt Windle where he talks about the relationship with Geely (from 12:22 to 14:00):

Some info on the Emira design, with reference to the interior and the digital design towards the end: https://www.thelotusforums.com/late...ic-supercar-appeal-in-the-sports-car-segment/

And this is the Lotus head of HCI design posting about their work: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6827710523396628480/

I don't have more details on the design itself yet, but you can see elements of it in several of the Lotus and reviewer videos.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's an interview with Lotus MD Matt Windle where he talks about the relationship with Geely (from 12:22 to 14:00):

Some info on the Emira design, with reference to the interior and the digital design towards the end: https://www.thelotusforums.com/late...ic-supercar-appeal-in-the-sports-car-segment/

And this is the Lotus head of HCI design posting about their work: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6827710523396628480/

I don't have more details on the design itself yet, but you can see elements of it in several of the Lotus and reviewer videos.
Cheers, appreciate the detailed reply. Seems like quite an ideal situation for Lotus in many respects.