❔ QUESTION Low beam headlights too low? Can we adjust them?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've done a couple night drives in the Emira and the high beams are absolutely off the charts amazing. I feel like I can see EVERYTHING with them. However, the low beams seem like they're TOO low and on backroads at night where we have lots of deer around here I feel somewhat blind as they do not give much view up ahead. Anyone else notice this? I checked the manual and I don't see anything about adjusting them but I really feel like they're poorly adjusted too close to the road as I can't see much more than maybe 100 feet or so ahead at most.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The service manual refers to a "headlamp adjuster cable" but it doesn't have anything about actually adjusting it. Your dealer would probably be able to do it.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 8.27.31 PM.png

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone else driven at night and noticed this? Compared to my 340i I feel somewhat blind in the Emira with low beams. Conversely, the high beams are out of this world bright and reveal EVERYTHING but obviously I can't keep them on all the time :)

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Holy crap that's an incredibly useful post. I pinged a mod to see if we can split that out. Thanks @KJD !
No problem.

I posted that over a year ago and someone finally noticed…

Seriously though, no-one seems to do a search on here.
There are loads of topics that have been done to death by us oldies just waiting for people to find.

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No problem.

I posted that over a year ago and someone finally noticed…

Seriously though, no-one seems to do a search on here.
There are loads of topics that have been done to death by us oldies just waiting for people to find.
Thanks for sharing the post. Respectfully, I DID search for this on search engines, in the handbook, and on this forum. Unfortunately, forum application search algorithms are often fairly useless. For example, my previous search of "headlight adjustment" returned this despite the existence of "headlight adjuster" in your post:

1711807832578.png

It seems that nobody was able to actually find it and since you were the OP of that post, it makes sense that you pulled it from memory :)

Regardless, I genuinely appreciate the tip/information. I'll test it out tonight to see if I can properly adjust the low beams to see more than 50 feet in front of me.

EDIT: If you do a search for "headlight adjust" it does come up. The search algorithm apparently requires an exact match of the entire string. Good to note for future searches in this forum. Use the most basic form of what you want to find.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It seems that nobody was able to actually find it and since you were the OP of that post, it makes sense that you pulled it from memory :)
Well, that’s odd, because I didn’t pull it from memory. I searched for “headlight adjuster” to find my own post.

Anyhow, glad to help.