Lotus isn't the only manufacturer facing stiff competition from Porsche: 2022 Acura NSX Type S vs. 2022 Porsche 911 GTS

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If I see a Porsche 911 coming on the road … it will be difficult to catch my attention , need to be a gt2rs or gt3 minimum

A “very common and normal” GTS or carrera 4s … is not special for me

Adding to this point. Much is said about the looks of Porsches and I agree but I thought the whole point of the 911 was so people could daily drive it and not get mobbed like they would in a Lambo. Anyway, that's what I have always heard about 911s in particular why Porsche styles them more like a "common" car.

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Adding to this point. Much is said about the looks of Porsches and I agree but I thought the whole point of the 911 was so people could daily drive it and not get mobbed like they would in a Lambo. Anyway, that's what I have always heard about 911s in particular why Porsche styles them more like a "common" car.
100% correct. Some 911 models are so subtle that most people will drive right past one without even realizing it!

SmartSelect_20220906-202921_Reddit.jpg

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Motortrend reviewers essentially rate the 911 GTS as being a better car in every possible way than the NSX Type S (acceleration, lateral grip, steering, braking, etc.).

Which is a shame, because just look at them next to each other! The one on the left without a doubt looks like the all-out, extreme racing machine of the two, while the one on the right looks like... well... boring... tame... common...

View attachment 7597

It must be frustrating for Acura engineers (and NSX fans) for their "best NSX ever" to ultimately get beaten by a "grocery-getter" that costs $43,000 USD less. Heck, it's frustrating for me too, as my brain demands that cars that "look cooler" also be faster, better-handling, etc.

I think it's an interesting discussion to have about looks vs. performance. Which is more important to you as a buyer? For me, I must admit that my brain has never grown out of the "Looks cool, therefore must be fast" mindset from my childhood. So if you ask me where I'm putting my money, the scales will always tip slightly more towards whatever looks cooler, not on what's necessarily a better driver's car, etc.
Porsche will always be that nerdy kid that beats the daylights out of you playing basketball!! :)